The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Bama Q
On the road to being a farker

Default WHERE WAS THE THE BRETHREN FLAGS OR Colors???

All the brethren teams in the Jack , WHERE WAS THE THE BRETHREN FLAGS OR Colors??? A proud moment for bbq-brethren and very few colors displayed, As i walked looking for colors, there were few!!! Get to the big time and screw the brethren.
I did meet one nice gentleman, That had a brethren logo on the side of his bbq trailer, I told him Hi, and wished him good luck. Next came a piece of brisket. UMMM Good. That the way I in-vision the bbq brethren's way.
Bama Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
nthole
Babbling Farker

I know not every Brethren team has a banner, so it's probably not malicious. Even if they had it and forgot to hang it...with the Jack cook on their mind, I think that's understandable.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

here's 1 i got.

we got to meet a couple long time net buddies & missed a few but it was great & a shout out to the 1 backyard team i hooked up w/ a link to this place.
they offered a rib & my girl loves ribs, funny how they thought i was sacrificing it for my daughter so they ran me down w/ a few more bonesfor myself-which promptly went to the rib hound...lol.

we may have a new comp team on the site if they followed my lead.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

2009 jack
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
BLUECHIP BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

how does one get a banner?

Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUECHIP BBQ View Post
Here's the details....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24666

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Q View Post
All the brethren teams in the Jack , WHERE WAS THE THE BRETHREN FLAGS OR Colors??? A proud moment for bbq-brethren and very few colors displayed, As i walked looking for colors, there were few!!! Get to the big time and screw the brethren.
I did meet one nice gentleman, That had a brethren logo on the side of his bbq trailer, I told him Hi, and wished him good luck. Next came a piece of brisket. UMMM Good. That the way I in-vision the bbq brethren's way.
There's kind of two sides to brethren membership related to comp teams..

those that are active, embrace the culture, participate in other areas of the forum and learned here before they competed.. and then there's some teams that just occasionally post &/or lurk here specifically for the comp talk.... which is fine too.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUECHIP BBQ View Post
The banner program is on temporary hold. There were some issues with the company providing the banners. Phil is working out an alternative so please hang on.

The Naked Fatty!

4x Hunsaker Cans/Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues_n_cues View Post
here's 1 i got.

Dennis always flies the Brethren banner! He doesn't post much, but the banner is always up.

The Naked Fatty!

4x Hunsaker Cans/Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

You can't doubt someones appreciation or commitment to the forum by having a banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
There's kind of two sides to brethren membership related to comp teams..

those that are active, embrace the culture, participate in other areas of the forum and learned here before they competed.. and then there's some teams that just occasionally post &/or lurk here specifically for the comp talk.... which is fine too.
You forgot the third side.... the to cheap to purchase a banner.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
FatBoyz
is one Smokin' Farker

ive been a member here for a good long time and i dont have a flag... but there have been alot of probs with getting them made i know phil trys hard. i still am very prowed to be a member. if ever one here had a flag most comps would look craze lol... so i would have to say if your flag aint up you probably just dont have one. ps if anyone want to sell there old one im buyin

Old 10-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

wel i took the link & whether i cater or contest- igf you take the link after the link- ya gotta subscribe...

sorry, i'm a well regarded & trusted member of 4 BBQ sites, 3 musician sites,& 3 commercial fishing sites just to name a few... i'd love to drop some coin for a subscription but i drop my camera enough & due to my music gear & vintage buyer thing.. not to mention 6 kids.. i'm frikkin' poor...

that said, i'd fly the brethren flag or banner proudly next to all my other stuff & provide a link back here or log on & let a person be live if i had all that fancy crap & a wifly laptop. other than that i hand out my bisyness card & write this & a couple other sites on the back of the card..

Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #13
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

oh,, what i meant to say was... poobah, when ya get it done & fixed i want 1... if ya can't get it fixed you can always use my guy(even though it's out of your state) they do anyone & the tm deal is not a problem.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
QueNivorous
On the road to being a farker

We'd fly the flag "IF" we had one. We'd buy the flag "IF" we knew where to buy it.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Please have patience with the banner issue. It is a cool problem that we have all these teams that want to fly the Brethren banner. I'm sure that Phil will eventually get the problem figured out and start printing again. Understand that we and esp. Phil are very proud of the banner and what it represents and want only quality banners and quality people to fly them...and no one has waited longer than me for a quality flag at a resonable price.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote