The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Any "Real" Value In An Older Late 80's WSM?

I have a "most likely" late 80's 18.5" WSM with aluminum door, that has no codes of any kind stamped on any vents, doors, handles, feet, etc..... It has the original wood handles..... I do however have the original owners manual that came with it, with warranty card attached, & receipt with date of purchase.... It has a cover, which I got with it when I bought it, that has Green & White stipes & looks nothing like the current WSM covers, but it came with it, so I dunno.... Date of sales receipt is 08-15-90 from a local hardware store..... It has been used 1x & is in fantastic condition for a unit of this age, though has a small dent on the aluminum door..... Is this worth anything less/more, than say an 18.5" that is a year or 5 old.... I am trying to clean out my storage shed & patio area for a renovation & unfortunately, some Webers must find new homes.... Keeping the 22.5" WSM & another 18.5" WSM has gotta go also .... Am looking into an Egg or Primo? ..... It has been used 1x since these photos & looks about the same.

Last edited by Fishawn; 10-14-2011 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Multiple times posted, please delete
Fishawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
J'ville Grill
is Blowin Smoke!

It's a shame you can't keep it.

Unread 10-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Sorry guys, I think the site was lagging & it sent 3x.... I've been trying to delete the other 2.... No luck...

Mods, please delete the other threads if you get to it..... Thanks..

Last edited by Fishawn; 10-14-2011 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: multiple times posted
Fishawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
B-Lazy BBQ
On the road to being a farker

I would say it's worthless-the door is upside down-must be a factory rejectI'll PM you my address so it can be hidden away so as not to tarnish Weber's reputation Or, it could be a one of a kind prototype model and that would make it priceless

Can't tell you what it's worth money wise, but the two 18.5"ers I have are priceless to me. Could probably craigslist it for $125-$175 maybe??