עָטִין
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Unread 10-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #151
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Rogers View Post
ANYWAYS I have a bonifide question this time....
What is "one serving" ?
Pretend you're cooking for this guy...

Mr. Creosote - YouTube
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #152
Al Czervik
Babbling Farker

^^^^^

Wafer thin...

Traeger 075,Weber Performer,Weber Genesis Silver Gasser, Special Edition "Goose" ET-732 Thermometer,Limited Edition Neutrino Fast Blue Thermopen
Zero Club Member qualifying in the 2011 Special Summer of Spam TD with the Coveted Double Ought...
(\__/)
(='.'=) Merry Christmas... Chitter was full!
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #153
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Technically, yes. There is/will be more to the story but that is all of this cut that could be salvaged as edible without being harmful. DQ if you like but yes it has been trimmed...sorta....more like blown to chit.
...silly little .243 WSSM
Thanks from:--->
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #154
Kenny Rogers
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Pretend you're cooking for this guy...
Wow... I've never been so repulsed, and yet amused in all my life. Part of me feels like I want to vomit, and the other part of me is laughing! LOL

That mus be what it feels like to eat eggplant?

Unread 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #155
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I wonder how much oil I'll need to deep fry a Porterhouse....

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA, 22.5 OTG, mUDS, 2 UDS w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast , & the new White Shadow

Inventor of: 3BGB! , Shigen! , & Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae!
Big Butz BBQ Products
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #156
jdoughboy
On the road to being a farker

so no egg plant, no fish, no spam....so only portions for one? How about tofu?
I think i will be cooking my entry tomorrow, before I call the ER to see whom the cardiologist on duty is.....My idea of man sized meat(or meat for that matter) probably differs from Red Hots but its my first attempt at an entry so i will give it a go any way. So can we post pics a soon as we cook?
jdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #157
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoughboy View Post
I think i will be cooking my entry tomorrow, before I call the ER to see whom the cardiologist on duty is.....My idea of man sized meat(or meat for that matter) probably differs from Red Hots but its my first attempt at an entry so i will give it a go any way. So can we post pics a soon as we cook?
Yep! Open season started this morning and runs through next Sunday.
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #158
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoughboy View Post
Remember, the best part about TD's is you can't lose. Perhaps you will win a coveted goose egg or maybe steal one of Gore's Dilly Bars. As long as you are having fun cooking eggplants then everything else is moot.
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #159
deguerre

Quote:
Remember, the best part about TD's is you can't lose. Perhaps you will win a coveted goose egg or maybe steal one of Gore's Dilly Bars. As long as you are having fun cooking eggplants then everything else is moot.
Isn't it more fun shooting eggplants? Especially at, say, 500 yards?
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #160
caseydog

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Don't give out all our secrets. A first throwdown should be a little like a first snipe hunt.

CD
caseydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #161
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Isn't it more fun shooting eggplants? Especially at, say, 500 yards?
Eggplant hunting season already ended here.

CD
caseydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #162
Pugi
Full Fledged Farker

My entry into the TD. Not a big hunk of meat , but enough to satisfy a anorexic Ethiopian. Carne Asada. This meat was cut from a full chuck, rubbed with paprika, s and p, garlic powder and onion powder. Then marinated in lime juice and onions. Now before I show the pics let me say my wife put this together while I was at work. She does not read the forums what so ever. The egg plant is pure coincidence, I swear!!!

Raw meat put on the weber silver.

All cooked with the sweat charred onions.

And the money shot.

I have been hoping to get in on some throwdowns. Timing just has not been right. Although this is not exactly man size, I'm had to start somewhere. Thanx, Pugi.
Pugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #163
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

My humble entry I submit before my fellow brethren to enter in this throwdown of man sized meatiness is.... Grilled Pork Chop Welly!

I know, one at first would think, "pork chop, how is that man sized?" I believe it's an almost 2 inch thick "Iowa" Pork Chop! And, if that isn't enough, we'll wrap it in more meat, BACON!

It's then seasoned and grilled with some hickory thrown in to add a hint of smoke.

This in itself, would by a man sized meal but, wait! We don't stop there! Then it is combine with cheese and a mustard sauce to be wrapped within dough and then baked until a "come hither" delicious golden brown.

And now, we feast!

The flaky crust, the sour taste of the mustard sauce blending in with the salty hint the bacon brings forth to dance with the herbs and spices applied to the heart stopppingly tender, juicy pork. So delicious. So filling. Truly a man is left feeling he has taken an epic journey of taste and sheer volume of succulent deliciousness upon finishing... The Grilled Pork Chop Welly.

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA, 22.5 OTG, mUDS, 2 UDS w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast , & the new White Shadow

Inventor of: 3BGB! , Shigen! , & Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae!
Big Butz BBQ Products
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #164
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

I'll take two please. yum

CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #165
Matt_A
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
How on earth did LARGE MANLY MEAT, just one portion of said meat, ever become a whole cow TD? Geesh, men are more complicated than I ever imagined...just go get a huge, DEAD, not mooing, oinking or baaahing, skinned and prepped farkin' huge hunk of meat and throw it on the effin fire, simple! And it still has to be ONE serving, so if you can actually eat a whole cow/pig/lamb in ONE sitting then go for it! I should have punished you all and called a vegan TD, but noooooo, I was actually trying to cater to the man-beast, gimme a huge hunk o meat that you all crave, so punish me!
Is this of sufficient size to qualify for Large Manly Meat? A 1 bone rib steak.

Last edited by Matt_A; 10-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: stupid fingers are faster than the mind operating them...
Matt_A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
My Meat Rules