Cherokee Pignic this weekend (GA)

Buckshot Malone

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm a late entry to the 2011 Cherokee Pignic in Canton, GA this weekend. It's our third comp and I'll be solo for this one. My other partners cannot make it. I look forward to meeting and learning for you guys/gals. Who's attending? Please look me up on site.

Jeff

I assure you that you will enjoy this contest. It is put on by the Chamber of Commerce and they really take care of the cooks. They will bring you free ice, always stopping by in the golf carts to check on you to see if you need anything.

Usually some free beers, charcoal, donuts at 2:00 am, breakfast on Sat morning and a great venue.

The weather should clear up by early Thursday and hopefully the rain will have soaked on in the ground by then.

This will be Hogz Gone Wild's first competition. We'll be the guys who show up with way too much crap :) I can't wait to get out there and chat with you guys this weekend.

Definitely a great competition but...Terre, is hogzgonewild referring to us? I thought we had the market cornered on showing up with too much stuff and looking like a garage sale.

Yeah, Hogsgonewild...and Buckshot... Tell ya'll what. You figure out who is self-labeled as "Yard Sale BBQ" and you've won yourself some ice cold beers and some good food.

:-D

48 teams listed on the roster. I suspect there will be a couple not show and a couple not listed to make it.

Should be a good contest. 41 teams last year.

Bama Butt Doctors will be there. We don't do many comps, but we love this one! Would love to meet everyone!

My teammate ended up not being able to do this one, but it will be my first KCBS judging experience since taking the class a few months back. Looking forward to being on the other side of a comp.

Well, that sure was a great weekend!! Great BBQ and cold beer. One quesstion, does smoked poodle taste like chicken.:-D Thanks to everyone that cooked. What great food.

John

Back