Leftovers

J

JudgeTex

What do y'all do with your leftover. I know a bunch of you cook big and freeze (I usually cook big and share), but what are some good po' folk leftover recipes?

If I'm doing chopped beef, I usually get a real fatty brisket and cook it a little longer and make chopped beef out of the whole thing (really great for freezing). Most of my leftovers get eaten in the morning, as I think BBQ is totally underrated as a breakfast food. With brisket, I like to slice it up and put it on toast with egg and cheese. Same thing with klobase, only I put it on a cold biscuit and don't put cheese on it.

Ideas?

Where you live, bubba? The Frognot family can help with that excess food situation. You might need to buy extra beer. :lol:

Two words. Food Saver.

Beef: chili, enchiladas, mix it in with hash browns, grind and mix with sauce for BBQ burgers...speaking of which, I need to get by Green Mesquite and see if they still sell sauce....

Pork goes good with any kind of beans, Makes an awesome breakfast burrito, too!

What are left overs? Seems no matter how much I cook, and how much the family says they don't want anymore Que, there is barely enough leftover for my lunch.

icemn62 said:
What are left overs? Seems no matter how much I cook, and how much the family says they don't want anymore Que, there is barely enough leftover for my lunch.

I hear that! If by chance there is anything left over, by the time I get home from work my wife and her friends, along with the help of the kids, make sure it's all eaten. I guess I can't blame them. Ok, it's not really THAT bad, but...

I believe that there are some good threads somewhere on leftovers. May be a hard search though. Maybe not. I can look later when I have more time if someone doesn't get to it first. Then it can be road-mapped.

I REALLY like chopped brisket mixed in spagetti sauce served over large shells or penne pasta, GSM!!!

Back