The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
mclancey
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Smoketoberfest - Oct. 14th-15th - Greencastle PA

Smokerhead will be there.

Looks like they lost a few teams to the Sam's Club Event the same weekend, so there are still spots available if any teams want to get in.

http://www.smoketoberfestbbq.com/

Last edited by mclancey; 10-05-2011 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: Forgot to post the link.
mclancey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

we are in...lets hope it doesnt snow again!!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
mclancey
Knows what a fatty is.

Trying to forcast the weather 10 days in advance is silly but, the forecast right now for friday shows a high of 63 and a low of 55 for friday.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #4
mclancey
Knows what a fatty is.

and showers.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Think SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
bbqbandit70
Knows what a fatty is.

Live And Let Smoke is in and looking forward to our last comp of the year.

[B]Meadow Creek TS250
Meadow Creek BBQ42 Chicken Cooker
WSM 22.5"
Char-Griller "Modified"
KCBS CBJ
[/B]
bbqbandit70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
mclancey
Knows what a fatty is.

I think it's going to snow in Arkansas that weekend.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

One could only hope................................

Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Eric didn't lose US.........

Even though we did want to move on in the other series, we are super happy to be going to Chambersburg. This will our third trip out there in the past twleve months, and there is not a better guy in the business than Eric. And hey it will be a great dress rehearsal for the next weekend!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
BABYGOTBUTT
On the road to being a farker

Baby got Butt is looking forward to our second competition. We did our first in Deale Md at Smokin on the Bay. Finished 18th overall out of 40 and 5th in chicken so we were excited given it was our first. This was competition was recommended to us. Looking forward to meeting a lot of great people!!!!
BABYGOTBUTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
powerpig
Full Fledged Farker

PowerpigBBQ will be there. This is our first comp and I'm really nervous. The wife is really sick of chicken thighs as I've been practicing daily for the past couple of weeks. Did a pulled pork test run last night and I must say it did come out well with my new injection marinade. Testing some ribs as I type this.

That said, I'm looking to rent a trailer to haul my grills up there. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

In any event, here's looking forward to meeting new Q friends!
powerpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #12
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit R View Post
Eric didn't lose US.........

Even though we did want to move on in the other series, we are super happy to be going to Chambersburg. This will our third trip out there in the past twleve months, and there is not a better guy in the business than Eric. And hey it will be a great dress rehearsal for the next weekend!

your turn to bring the moss tea!!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #13
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpig View Post
PowerpigBBQ will be there. This is our first comp and I'm really nervous. The wife is really sick of chicken thighs as I've been practicing daily for the past couple of weeks. Did a pulled pork test run last night and I must say it did come out well with my new injection marinade. Testing some ribs as I type this.

That said, I'm looking to rent a trailer to haul my grills up there. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

In any event, here's looking forward to meeting new Q friends!
Nothing to be nervous about! The worst thing that can happen is you don't come home with some bling, but that is fine. Get in there, do your best and you'll have fun. Talk to some other competitors and get to know them a little. The vast majority of folks are more than happy to share some knowledge with you. Except for Sal; he jealously guards the moss tea injection marinade recipe used on his 1st place pork from last year's Smoketoberfest.

As for trailers, what kind of grills do you have? If they're not too large, many people rent the U-Haul 6' trailers. I have done that before we got our travel trailer and it worked fine.

We'll be in spot #13 (Degüello BBQ). Stop by and share a red cup with us.

Kit

Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
your turn to bring the moss tea!!
Oh no I forgot to harvest the moss off the north side of the trees by moonlight out back of our townhouse. Store bought moss is just not the same.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit R View Post
Nothing to be nervous about! The worst thing that can happen is you don't come home with some bling, but that is fine. Get in there, do your best and you'll have fun. Talk to some other competitors and get to know them a little. The vast majority of folks are more than happy to share some knowledge with you. Except for Sal; he jealously guards the moss tea injection marinade recipe used on his 1st place pork from last year's Smoketoberfest.

Kit
its made from PEOPLE!!!!