The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > ** EXPIRED **** Brethren Ventures > * Expired * Huntingdon County Customs LLC - custom metal design & fabrication

Notices

* Expired * Huntingdon County Customs LLC - custom metal design & fabrication * Expired * Huntingdon County Customs LLC custom metal design & fabrication. We design and manufacture custom BBQ grills and smokers, BBQ accessories, metal signs, custom auto accessories, individually commissioned art, and much more! The products and designs at Huntingdon County Customs LLC are truly one of a kind!

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #16
padawan6510
Got rid of the matchlight.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well no, we havent sorted things out. He will not answer the phone, return calls or emails. The pm I got was that it was shipped, but he will not provide a tracking number. Meanwhile Im getting pm's from many others who "slipped through the cracks".

I WILL GIVE YOU ONE MORE DAY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT BRIAN.
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
btcg
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawan6510 View Post
Well no, we havent sorted things out. He will not answer the phone, return calls or emails. The pm I got was that it was shipped, but he will not provide a tracking number. Meanwhile Im getting pm's from many others who "slipped through the cracks".

I WILL GIVE YOU ONE MORE DAY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT BRIAN.

[FONT=Courier New][I]Proud Graduate of:[/I][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Jack's Old South BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Johnny Trigg & Rod Gray BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Paul Kirk BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Thats funny I have no missed calls and no voicemails from you. I have 2 pm's from you asking for a tracking number after I get in from working in the shop all day. Notice the time stamp here for your records. and note Im gonna get up and do it all over again tomorrow.

I doubt you are getting PM's from others who "slipped through the cracks."

I really dont appreciate being flamed here. I sent you a message in good faith you would allow me the chance to make things right. I've said I would make an inquirely into your package and I would ship you another if that grate is infact lost. You have to be able to appreciate from a small business stand point I cannot just make and ship products out without first confirming they didnt arrive. I have been burned on that one before.

This isnt done yet and I did post that message after I sent you a reply to your PM. I am not dodging your calls but maybe you should leave a message if you want a call back. I get calls from all over the country everyday at all hours of the day. When I am in the shop I dont hear my phone which happens to be a cell phone. Im also not getting your emails if you are sending them. Believe me that this is a simple grate and nothing I would be dragging my feet on. Ask any of the brethren here if I have ever run into troubles getting them a product. I know of 2 and both were made right. I was even offering to drive one to the most recent customer who wanted to present the item to someone at an event which luckily turned up in the UPS system.

So I will ask that you keep this civil and respectful. Like I always say when I find myself in a situation like this...
"I will bend over backwards to help my customers but I'll never bend over forwards."
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #19
padawan6510

We are beyond civil Brian. I have left several phone messages for you over the course of many months. All of which is documented. I have saved all of my attempted emails that you never responded to.

And yet, you still WILL NOT provide me with a simple tracking number to support your claims of sending my order.

I have had three pm's from this website and two from your facebook site with sad stories of you taking your customer's money and not delivering anything. They all share the same common excuses from you: ran out of material, wife is sick, I got hurt, shop is too hot, I shipped but UPS lost it...etc.

No more lip service Brian. You have one more day to get me a tracking number.
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
BobBrisket

I think that at this point, it's a customer service issue for both of you to resolve within Brian's Venture Forum. There is nothing that the forum or the members can do to resolve this issue. For the most part, none of us can prove either side at this point, nor should we.

Note: Moved with a redirect. I suggest other members let both of them handle this on their own.
Hopefully, a postive outcome will transpire for both sides. PMs have been sent to both parties. The Venture Forum has been automatically locked due to Expired Vendor Subscription at this time.

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!

Last edited by BobBrisket; 10-05-2011 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Note: Venture Forum Locked due to expired subscription.
Thanks from:--->
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #21
BobBrisket

Forum has been unlocked so that further discussion can take place within this forum.

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #22
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I appreciate all the info you have posted. If all this was the case and you were out for anything other than character defamation, you would have just called your credit card and claimed a missing item. I am calling BS on this whole thing.

Also the part where you posted from my website that the item hasnt shipped, I can quote the confirmation email you received as all customers receive when the order is placed on the system.

"Please know our order tracking system does not update as it is stated below this line. We use an
outside shipper from the Yahoo Shopping system which will not allow updates."

You may truly not have your grate but I honestly did send it and I honestly have been doing all the right things. I know at some point around the time of me letting you know I was injured in a pedestrian accident a full refund because I just wanted to settle everything. Something in me feels like you are an unhappy person and you would rather run this into the ground than just accept a refund or the product. You tell me. I have tried to deal with you in private and I am trying to deal with you in the open.

Your move.

PS- keep in mind anyone else who is reading this that this guy registered specifically at this forum to flame me. What has his other posts been??

This is my livelihood and my reputation you are messing with and believe me I will defend my actions with a clear conscious.
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #23
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Also you claim to have gotten emaisl from people who have also been "victimized" How about having them post here as well. How about you provide some proof to your claim because right now out of over 725 orders run through my website over the past nearly 4 years, I have 3 unhappy customers who have contacted me. You being 1 of them. That is better than most ebay sellers satisfaction. 0.001% negative feedback. Im not nullifying your feelings of being harmed but given the chance a month ago for a refund and now also offering the refund and all along having the option to contact your credit card company, I mean it just kinda makes this all out to sound like you want this to be painful or you need a cause to be a PITA.

You tell me what you want and I will overnight a check or a product to you signature required tomorrow.

I cant imagine that with that option on the table offered in plain sight of everyone that visits this forum you can be unhappy with this offering. Hell I will even post pictures of said check/product and video of it leaving my hands at the shipper.

Keep in mind the shipping on this probably will cost more than you paid for the thing but I am willing to do that so that maybe (just maybe) you would calm down in the next couple weeks, enjoy your grate, and say... "I was one of very few who didnt have a spectacular experience getting the product from Huntingdon County Customs LLC in Huntingdon County, Huntingdon, PA 16652 but in the end and as always, the company stepped up, ate the costs and made a genuinely great product which I will be happy with for many years. I might even tell a friend."

So I will check in on this in the morning for your response. I've had another long day and tomorrow will also be long but I do it because I love BBQ, fabrication, and building my business honestly.
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #24
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

The extremely simple grate design proof approved by you.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #25
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Im still waiting for a reply to my offer.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #26
carlharper
Got Wood.

I too experienced problems with an order that I felt took waaay too long to be fulfilled to completion. There were some lapses in communication along the way and a wide variety of excuses. In the end, Brian did come through with the three custom items I requested. I am completely satisfied with the product(s) and the workmanship. I also found that some of the negative conclusions I had reached during the process were unfounded. I would order from Brian again.

Brian is a hard worker and devoted to the barbecue community.
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #27
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

As a VERY satisfied customer of Brian’s/Huntingdon County Customs, I was avoiding posting in this thread, thinking that it would just die and fade away, but Class Action Suit? District Attorney? Really?

“Hate to have a negative post . . .” Really? After joining the Brethren, this is your third post? Doing something that you hate?

IMHO you’ve taken what is a private business transaction and chosen to publcly turn it into something personal.

Is Brian perfect? No. None of us are. But does he do the right thing? ABSOLUTELY, YES!

I have ordered three grates from Brian, and all three were complex and a long way from simple, yet he delivered on all of them.

Were there issues? Yes.

On the first one, it was around the Holiday season and UPS lost the shipment. Brian fabricated another one and delivered it. UPS’s fault, and Brian gladly corrected it.

On the third one, it was shipped out, and from UPS tracking it appeared to have gotten stalled for days or lost in one of their facilities. The delivery date was critical because it was being presented to someone at a competition. Brian understood this, and although it was again UPS’s fault, he was prepared to fabricate another one and have it delivered overnight. Fortunately for both of us when he put a trace on it with UPS it magically reappeared in UPS’s system and was delivered in time.

And this has been with what I think are some of the most detailed and complex grates that he has done.

I am sure that I will be ordering again from Brian.

HECK! Even Santa proudly delivers Brian's grates!

Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
Thanks from: --->
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
padawan6510

OK. Let me see if I can explain my situation again. I purchased custom grates from Brain a long time ago. I approved my simple design a long time ago. Ive called Brian many times. I left messages with no response. I emailed from his web page many times and again no response. I did track him down to this website with hopes that he would respond and he did - sort of.

His PM to me: Your grate has been shipped. I will locate your grate or ship you another.

Ok thats great. That should take 5 mins to check and respond with some time of tracking to let me know the product is in transit. But now Brian still has not provided a tracking number and Ive learned through Yahoo Shopping Services that the product was never shipped.

Left with no other recourse, I have made a formal complaint to BBB and to Yahoo Shopping Services with their merchant abuse center. My efforts so far to rectify this issue. Sure I could have called my bank a month ago when I was in the quagmire of no communication with Brian. Charges would have been filed and he would be looking at a felony right now. That's still an option for me.

I did a lot of research on my grates to match smoker that I bought almost a year ago. I was very impressed see Brian's grates featured on BBQ Pit Boys page. Brian's web page states that all orders will be completed in two months. Communication will be made with delays. He even warranty his product. Brian did not fulfill the promises made and by law - he defaulted.

My post back to Brian was to let him know that time was running out. I meant it. I hope I got his attention this time.

Brian, I would love to have your product grace my smoker. But you need to ship now - not in a few days when you get around to it, NOW. At this point I don't need to know how great your product is or how beloved you are to the BBQ Community. That's what sold me when I made my order. But to savage my opinion of you and your business at this point, you need to complete this transaction. Provide a tracking number and assure your product is in transit. Just as I have been asking for many months.

OK? Are we clear now?
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #29
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

I am just in for lunch right now and I've read your statement. I am going to blow through lunch to get these grates cut, hand finished, and packaged before the UPS leaves today. I can't promise they will make it as the driver has been through here between 1-3pm lately. It will leave tomorrow for sure. In my doing this, I must make my own stipulations.

#1 - all complaints through all places you filed be dropped.
#2 - all negative reviews claiming to have not received a product be deleted or a rebuttal be left as I am sure not all websites will allow you to delete your posting but if the option is available they must be deleted.
#3 - I want something posted here in this thread when you receive and use these grates. A picture, a comment, something about them and that this follows along with the all negative reviews and feedback requirement that you do something to restore the damage you have caused me with this incident.

That is all I will post on this right now but I am happy that we can meet half way on this.
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #30
padawan6510

Damage I caused you? As your customer, I resent that.

The reviews are an accurate depiction of your business and the customer service you have demonstrated. Had you completed the transaction as agreed via the stipulations posted on your website when the order was made, we wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

There is no negotiation here and I refuse to have my order held hostage. You complete the order now or I will seek additional recourse.