THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
And they're even ON SALE right now!

A place in Terre Haute, IN sells new 110 gallon drums for $232, regularly sell for $330.

:shock:

Pretty expensive, but can you IMAGINE the killer UDS you could make with that sucker?

They also sell 85's!

My buddy Larin bought 3 96 gal drums from Grainger a couple years ago for $200 each.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SKOLNIK-Carbon-Steel-Drum-2GTX8?Pid=search

IMG_0348.jpg

Here they are, all 42" dwarfing my 39" tall UDS

IMG_0349.jpg

After cooking on his monsters, I went out and picked up an 85 gal reconditioned drum and the rest is history!

IMG_3565.jpg

This is just one rack in the 85 loaded with boneless Berkshire butts!

IMG_3548.jpg

A chit ton of thighs!

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

26" grates from Weber fit the 85-96 gal drums. I'd check the dia. of the 110 before jumping on them, like Bubba said, it could be $pendy to build those grates!

55's are for girly smokers.

85's are pretty nice drums to cook on.

110" is where its at baby!

Talk to Brian from Huntington Customs? He's a Brethren and priced me grates at a nice price. I will have this done soon to be the first ever 110 gallon drum smoker!

Attachments

55's are for girly smokers.

85's are pretty nice drums to cook on.

110" is where its at baby!

Talk to brian from huntington customs? He's a brethren and priced me grates at a nice price. I will have this done soon to be the first ever 110 gallon drum smoker!

sweet!

What's the diameter? 30-32"? Get enough expanded metal for grates & coal basket. Price shouldn't be too bad...heck, the drums in the OP are $230...not exactly "budget" to begin with. Go for it.

Wonder how much fuel a 110 sucks up?

Hmmm...an 85 or 96 inside a 110 with insulation in between? That would put a big steel egg ceramic keg to shame.

Back