Refrigerator on Trailer??

SDAR

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
How many people use a little frig on their trailer to help "dry out" their chicken skin overnight? A lot of folks talk about leaving it in the frig for a while uncovered to dry out the skin. I was just wondering if you could buy a dorm sized frig, mount it on the trailer and dry it out in there overnight or so.

Thanks for replies.:thumb:

Don't see why not. As long as you're on a site with electricity or pack your own generator.

seems a bit extreme just to dry out some chicken skin.

btw, i find dried out scraped chicken skin to not work very well. ymmv.

I'd need that new french door fridge since I'm sure I won't be the only one drinking a cold beverage. :becky:

I have one of those mini Coke fridges. Perfect size and it holds full size hotel pans. Along with with about 4 cases of beer. I used to jave it plugged in to an invertor, but now just plug it in when i get to the comp. Got it used from a restaurant supply place.

Well its mostly IBCA and LSBS around here and we turn in half chickens. It does help to dry out the skin some. No scraping unless you are a plastic surgeon in your day job.

Well its mostly IBCA and LSBS around here and we turn in half chickens. It does help to dry out the skin some. No scraping unless you are a plastic surgeon in your day job.

ah, now that makes sense. i do find drying out chicken wings is beneficial.

Back