Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Got Wood.
Default Gonna try my own build

Well I scored an 80 gal (24"x60") water heater today at work and am going to try building my own offset cooker. Trying to decide weather to go reverse flow or standard, trailer or patio. Any suggestions will be helpful and grateful. Ive got the skills and equipment to do this, just going to have to take my time, since I don't have alot to spare. I'm thinkin itll give me something to do while Im Qin on the weekends.
Semper Fi.....Chargriller Pro w/SFB, Weber Q 200, OTG 22, SJS, recently became a judge in training.
TnDrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Knows what a fatty is.

Good luck! Be sure to post a pic. Of the end result!
Goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
is one Smokin' Farker

Well I have neither the skill, equipment or the hot water heater so you are off to a great start!! I did see a shop built offset last year in Omaha Ne at a BBQ comp, the guy that had it did an awesome job on it. Do some research, maybe attend some comp's and look at some off sets for ideas. Good luck and post pics.
BWS Fatboy
firefighter4634 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
On the road to being a farker

Build it in. Make a nice grill area with the new build.
Guamaque is offline   Reply With Quote