喂我西摩
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

View Poll Results: Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Eggs" Throwdown?
mmmmeat 1 1.01%
Redheart 16 16.16%
Phubar 0 0%
deguerre 1 1.01%
Redhot 37 37.37%
Al Czervik 3 3.03%
Chef Jim 1 1.01%
bigabyte 3 3.03%
ecode 27 27.27%
colonel00 10 10.10%
infernooo 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thumbs up ***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Eggs" Throwdown - VOTE***

It is time to decide the winner of the "Eggs" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 9/10.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

mmmmeat

Redheart

Phubar

deguerre

Redhot

Al Czervik

Chef Jim

bigabyte

Gore

ecode

colonel00

infernooo
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
caseydog

It all looks tasty.

I accept PayPal.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
bigabyte

OK, that as tough. After a few passes, I managed to narrow it down to either Redhot, ecode or colonel00. Then I was really stuck. Ecode's blew me away for all the layers of goodness, but then just down below that was colonel00's which also had many layers of goodness. What finally did it for me was that I have never seen anything like what Redhot entered before, so I had to give it up to the tasty looking dish that was worthy of being pitted up against the other two, yet was so original (to me at least).

Everyone did really good on this one. I was worried there wouldn't be very many entries after a little while, but a bunch of stellar entries came in. Not a single one of them are anything less than amazing.

If someone gets a zero in this one, they should get an asterisk...because I think other people should start having asterisks too!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
caseydog

I've been watching this thread all week -- mostly waiting to see what kind of egg abomination bigabyte was scheming up in his tin-foil wrapped head. The one dish that I immediately wanted to eat, and definitely plan to copy, was redhot's.

But, there were a lot of strong entries -- including bigabyte's.

CD
Old 09-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
bluetang

All great entry's, and although I will be "lifting" all I can from each one, it was Redhot's entry that I just keep going back to, and going back to and going back to...
Homegrown 120 Gallon Reverse Flow, Homey, the Homegrown frier, 1UDS, 3 Stack Pro Q Excel 20, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM, 150lb Capacity Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Bicycle Fast Polder Thermo, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
gtr

Loved 'em all - biggy's was the one that was easiest for me to imagine eating so I voted for it.

Now does that mean my vote is due to a weak mind?

All y'all are awesome!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
bbqbull
Watching over us.

I voted for Redhot's dish.
We usually have the componets here at the house, we love ham immensly.
With the bridge still out it is a 25 mile roundtrip to the store of my choice for fixings.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Hey, ... now wait just a dog-gone minute!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

There are some awesome entries for this. I had to eliminate a few of the really good ones for reasons you should all know by now. If you don't, PM me.

That process narrowed things down a lot. So my first question is for infernooo. Just what kind of a "stove top" did you use? Did not see any of the cooking process?

As for my entry, if I do not win I can blame bigabyte Cause I let him pick the photo.

Now to sleep on it!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jim View Post
There are some awesome entries for this. I had to eliminate a few of the really good ones for reasons you should all know by now. If you don't, PM me.

That process narrowed things down a lot. So my first question is for infernooo. Just what kind of a "stove top" did you use? Did not see any of the cooking process?

As for my entry, if I do not win I can blame bigabyte Cause I let him pick the photo.

Now to sleep on it!

Well, if you're Vegan, I think you're going to have a really hard time deciding.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Well, if you're Vegan, I think you're going to have a really hard time deciding.
Gore, did all that eggplant earn you a DQ? Nice pic, but did I miss your name in the voting poll?

Oh wait, plant eggs.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
caseydog

Quote:

Now to sleep on it!
You would be winning, if not for the ketchup.

CD
Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
Midnight Smoke

A hard one this time. Had to go with Al. I like just the simple meal that I would like. Not saying I would not like a few others, Al's just said breakfast to me.

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #14
infernooo
On the road to being a farker

I voted for bigabyte... I LOVE beans and rice

Quote:

Now to sleep on it!
Hi Jim!

I used a wok lined with foil. Basically you get a mixture of jasmine rice, tea and brown sugar, and put it in the foil, then turn on the stove, put the eggs on a rack above the pouch and cover it with a wok shield. After a while it will start to smoke... you leave it for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow it to keep smoking from the residual heat until all of the smoke dissipates - usually about half an hour.

It only needs a short amount of smoking time to absorb quite a lot of flavour, so you have to be careful!
infernooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #15
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I wanna vote for everyone! What an awesome spread!

I hope we have a three or four way draw, and I won't say which entries... but I'm gonna vote for Colonel00 by a smidgin... Well done!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->