MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee

Notices

Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee Welcome to Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee, where you'll find fresh roasted coffees from around the world. I'll be offering single origin coffees and blends as well as some advice and knowledge about the world of specialty coffee.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)
Default cold-brewed coffee

Just want to throw this out there as something to consider. My wife gave me the coffee bug a few months after I met her. Until then, coffee was always bitter dishwater. When she came to my apartment in Canada, she always had a delicious smelling cup of coffee. I absolutely loved the smell. One day she convinced me to try it. I did and it was fabulous and I was an addict. I had my favorite blend at my favorite store. When we moved south and later visited Canada, we'd stock up and try to bring back a LOT of coffee. Afterward I found that my Canadian chain had a store in our area by another name. I visited. After talking with the manager I discovered that the coffee would not be the same, that the US is considered a dumping ground for all the world's inferior coffee -- it's got to go somewhere, they figure. When foreigners complain about American coffee, there is good reason! Many years ago we started importing and then roasting coffee like Ron. I can't tell you how many espresso pots we have and I think we're on our fourth roasting system. That's not my point. About a year ago I started suffering from some stomach problems and one thing all the doctors agreed on was "NO MORE COFFEE!" The caffeine isn't good, but the acid was a killer. My wife had cold brewed before and we liked it. Now, the cold-brewed is something I can drink that won't bother my stomach. For those unfamiliar, it simply involves mixing your ground coffee with water in a jar. We keep it there for about a day or two, shaking it up when we see it. Then we simply filter the grounds out with a coffee filter. Easy! The advantage is that the coffee has MUCH less acid. Because it doesn't have the acid, it lasts much longer too. We can keep a jar in the fridge for a week and just pour a cup when we want it (heat in the microwave or drink on ice). Typically we make about a liter at a time. Just want to throw this out as another brewing possibility! There are many websites on cold-brewing coffee. Some will try to sell you things to help you, but really, it is just a device to hold a coffee filter. We use Mason jars.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.

Last edited by Gore; 09-05-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Cold brew is also a good way to make a concentrate that can then be diluted with cold water for iced coffee of hot water for a hot cup.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Mikey063
On the road to being a farker

If I could have a cold brewed coffee maker it would be a Kyoto-style iced-coffee apparatus. I tried some at Blue Bottle Coffee in San Francisco and it was the best cold coffee I have ever had. Ice Brewed Coffee

I found it on Amazon Amazon.com: Cold Drip Coffee and Tea Maker, 8-Cup: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QSofg-X5L.@@AMEPARAM@@41QSofg-X5L
Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Interesting....I will have to give this a try.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Interesting....I will have to give this a try.
I happen to know where you can get some coffee

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=115559

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote