The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-28-2005, 09:07 PM   #16
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

if that Bandera is an original New Braunfels version. I would grab it. Its much better made than the Charbroil one, and slightly better in fit n finish than the BKSD. But the BKSD has some nicer features like the slide out waterpan and better ribracks than the bandera.... If I had to rate them... . the order would be

New braunfels Bandera
BKSD
Charbroil Bandera.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #17
bcrow
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

thanks, i believe that the bandera that I am looking at in HD is a charbroil. I'll run back over to Lowes and take another look at the brinkman.

Does anyone know why if you google Brinkman BKSD or all spelled out that you cannot find them for sale anywhere in cyberland?? Same with the Bandera?

Are Manufactures moving away from the vertical grill/smoker model? Is there something that I'm missing here? Why are they so hard to find???

Brian
bcrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2005, 06:16 AM   #18
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Apparently, the BSKD is a specialty item that only certain retailers carry. As far as I know, the Bandera is OOC.
Noah
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #19
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Default Re: Price is not main concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrow
The bandera at HD is $298 plus $20 for someone else to put it together. I figure I will take me an hour or more to assemble and my hourly rate is a good bit higher than $20/hr.

Not too concerned about price at this level.
My rate is a little bit higher, but depending on where you live in Atlanta, I will put one of these things together for you for an 8-pack of the black Irish stuff in the can.
Noah
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #20
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

I am gonna Roadmap this thread and some of the other ones about the same topic tommorow.
Got a "rainy day in Fl" to deal with
Topic comes up all the time and it is a good one.

TIM
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #21
willkat98
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapndsl
Got a "rainy day in Fl" to deal with

TIM
same here

gonna give the dogs a bath

"Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants..." - Maxwell

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2005, 10:58 AM   #22
bcrow
Found some matches.

Default Re: Price is not main concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmayeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrow
The bandera at HD is $298 plus $20 for someone else to put it together. I figure I will take me an hour or more to assemble and my hourly rate is a good bit higher than $20/hr.

Not too concerned about price at this level.
My rate is a little bit higher, but depending on where you live in Atlanta, I will put one of these things together for you for an 8-pack of the black Irish stuff in the can.
Noah
Thanks for the offer. I may give you a call once I dive into it. I live off of Northside drive and Howell mill rd close to Bobby Jones Golf Course. Just down the road from Mayrettaaaa.
bcrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #23
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Roadmapped.

TIM
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote