The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 08-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #31
Capn Kev
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan - 3eyzbbq View Post
For your first contest? Alone? Technically, yes. In reality, don't try it (IMHO). Ask for help on this board.
Agreed. I have done 2-3 comps solo, and it takes most of the fun out of it! You have some kind of task keeping you busy almost the entire time. Find a friend, split the load! Remember, the most important goal in competition BBQ is to HAVE FUN!
FEC-100, REC TEC Grill, WSM 22.5", UDS, KCBS CBJ #54829
Capn Kev is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kev View Post
Agreed. I have done 2-3 comps solo, and it takes most of the fun out of it! You have some kind of task keeping you busy almost the entire time. Find a friend, split the load! Remember, the most important goal in competition BBQ is to HAVE FUN!
i've done it as well. while i had a little down time, i was working hard, with no feedback, for basically 48 hours straight really. kinda unfun, but alot of fun. if that makes any sense.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote