The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default OK, so here's the plan.....

For now I have settled on the Bandera smoker. I know it won't be my last but at least it will get me into all wood burning fairly easily without breaking the bank. I will put off the dream of building a brick pit untill I find some free bricks. Should be an old fallen down building around her some where. A couple of years ago there were heaps of free bricks on the side of the street near where I work because of an earthquake. Everyone had chimney damage and was having them replaced. The masons put the bricks out by the street with a "FREE" sing on them hoping they wouldn't have to haul them off.

Now all I have to do is find a Bandera! Any one in Washington know where or how I can get one? I called the Chargriller company and they said that Lowe's and Home Depot carried them. I think he was mistaken. Aparently the stores out West don't carry them. The BBQ craze hasn't caught on here yet. I have heard that some folks have gone to the manager of a Home Depot and gotten them shipped. I tried doing that at both Lowe's and Home Depot with no luck. I was suprised to find that Costco carries them on line and will ship one to my home but they want $400 for one. Seems that from what I read here that they run around $200 elswhere. I'm sure the extra is for shipping. I want to thank all of my brothers for bearing with me through my search for the ideal smoker.

Bro Doug

It was a brave man who first ate an oyster.
Brinkman Stillwater Limited, Great Outdoors Vertical charcoal.
Hoorenga is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Good luck with the bandera hunt. My wife confessed that she had given up the search after about two weeks of looking. She did find a couple, but they had been on the shelf for a while and were pretty well beat up. Lowes in Atlanta carries the BSKD, but my wife got a military discount at Northern Tool. Anyway, I am thrilled to have recieved this smoker for my B-day.
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Keep in mind that not all bricks are suitable for building a fireplace with.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
jt
Babbling Farker

Sounds like a good plan. Do a search for Quest in the forum - I think there was some good info in there about Bandera/BSKD searches and SKU numbers, etc.

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 10 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good luck in your search. Finding a cooker like you want where you live may be more difficult that you think. Always keep the WSM in the back of your mind.

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote