How to pull an unpulled butt...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So I never got around to pulling one of the butts I smoked yesterday. I put it in foil in the fridge last night. I'd like to pull it today and portion it up in food saver bags. I'm wondering what the best way is to do that?

Since it's a bear to pull when cold, I was thinking of putting it in the oven in the foil for a while to warm it up and then pulling it. Is this a good (safe) idea, and if not please explain why and a better way to "pull" this off. Thanks for your help!

you're right it will be a pain to pull now. In addition if you reheat it and pull it you stand a good chance of losing a lot of moisture. I would just portion it out in large or small chunks and after you reheat a chunk pull it--which might take a whole 30 seconds.

There's always the option of having strippers walk all over it in their heels - you know - "Honey, there's gonna be some nice young ladies coming over to walk on my butt".

Actually, I don't know - never had that situation. Maybe when you reheat, just cut off whatever portion yer gonna use, reheat it & then pull before serving?

It's not going to shred but it will certainly come apart In manageable chunks.

I went with FltEng... broke it into six portions and vac packed... Thanks to all who replied except gtr who got me in trouble with the wife for suggesting his method and landarc for calling me a wuss. :boxing::icon_smile_tongue::becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back