The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 07-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
Pa_BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth57 View Post
Good luck, any pics of your rig?
I will post some pics, probably tomorrow.

I did this on a budget, and to be honest if I lived in a larger area probably could have purchased a used setup and been further ahead.

What I wanted to do is be legal and spend as little as possible to get there.

I owned a 2010 6X12 Car Mate trailer with 6' ceilings, so just painted the walls and floor, put in a sink system, coolers, fan and light. I will have to have a 10X10 tent and chafing setup to serve but will get me through until I decide if I want to stay small or get bigger.

I can put in a serving window if I choose, but before cutting up the trailer want to see how this fall goes. If it goes extremely well may sell this trailer and pick up a regular concession trailer.

As of now, this trailer looks like any normal trailer until you open the door. I would guess I have less than $500.00 in the sinks, water heater and pump.
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
HB-BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Congrats PA, you got over the hurdles. I wish you the best of luck in your adventure and keep us posted!
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

best of luck Pa BBQ
Unread 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats and many blessings on your venture!

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Smiter Q
is One Chatty Farker

Exciting days ahead! Loooooooong ones too! Congratulations!
Brian: Weber: OTG + Lime Performer - - Keeping the Armor On - Eph. 6:11
Smiter Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
Pa_BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

The nice thing about this is I am not counting on it to make a living, if it pays for my beer and gives me good Q leftovers for a while thats good with me.

But at least when people ask me to cook for them I do not have to hold my breath and hope someone does not get mad and call the HD to turn me in.

Took some elbow grease, a little time but I think will be worth it.
And who knows, could turn into a nice business venture, stranger things have happened.
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
JS-TX
is One Chatty Farker

Good luck Pa BBQ, you got the right attitude to succeed. I wouldn't rely on demographics anyway, my side of town lacks lots of things, but every time they put something up, they do well. Keep us posted.
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote