The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 07-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Shiz-Nit
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Another Catering Gig under our belts (PICS)

Well things have been going quit nice… word of mouth isspreading quit good I must say for us. Hay we don’t even have a name or a logoyet. But here is a gig we done and things turned out quit nice I must say.Sorry about the poor quality of pics on some of them but a friend too them and don’tknow how to stand still for photo’s I guess.We just went out and got some professional style servingdishes and will add more per each gig… And I cannot wait until November for thefun we will have on a few weddings and reunion… I am breaking all stops outsfor the weddings and will hit it hard…. Our name is on the line (the one we don’thave yet)…

No Sauce Yet

Thanks for looking

Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
ssbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

As time goes on consider building up your chafing dishes, ice platters for cold items, along with nice skirts for tables and other eye bling. Small touches like that will show you care about serving hot-cold, safe food, and will look good doing so. Anything you can do to control serving sizes and portions will help greatly. Food safety courses and instruction for everyone involved is always wise. Good luck and stay safe. Steve.
ssbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Shiz, if you are really going to be serious about catering, I highly recommend you find a restaurant supply store for purchase items, and if you can, a rental place for other items, such as serving items and tableware, it makes it a lot more economical. I agree with ssbbqguy, that using utensils that slow the ladeling and shoveling is a good idea, such as smaller spoons than cooking spoons. Serving spoons should be a little nicer and smaller etc...

Still a great start. Shiz-nit Caters is not a good name?

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

Pork looks awesome. I would just echo what others have said, SS Steam pans work great and translate easily from storage, to cooker to serving table with wire chafing rack.

Get your company name and logo together and start marketing! We have been operating since February and are already the number 1 Google search result for BBQ and caterers in our area. This has doubled the business we have brought in from just word of mouth and we can post customer feedback on the website for prospective clients.

Unread 07-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice start, brother!

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314