ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Unread 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #121
Theresa B
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default TD Entry

Some of you may have seen my post from yesterday-"brisket bombed...so did chicken" Well we did another brisky today, wow what a difference! Here is my first food pron!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6456a.jpg (68.2 KB, 72 views)
Theresa B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #122
Harbormaster
Quintessential Chatty Farker

OK, I wasn't gonna let Wampus' and Chambers' smack talk get me down, so I had to do a brisket this weekend.
Brisket was awesome (mine always are!) as was the rest of dinner which consisted of zucchini, summer squash, onions, garlic, Dirt cooked in olive oil and butter, as well as fresh-made-tonight bruschetta.
The brisket was rubbed with my secret Wyocena Yacht Club Competition Brisket rub, cooked for 14 hours on the WSM with cherry chunks, and drizzled with Big Butz Cranberry. Good.Stuff.Maynard.
Here's the pics. Please use the last one Chris.

My Toys: 10 WSMs (B, C, DH, DA, EZ, DZ, EO, DU, DR, EE/DU mutt); Brinkman Cimmaron; Chuckwagon Cooker; 5 22.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettles; 1 18.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettle; 3 WGAs (EZ, DE, N); 3 SJPs (DT, DR, DR); 2 Smokey Joes (A, K); Genesis Silver C (DU).
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"

Last edited by Harbormaster; 07-31-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Harbormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #123
Saiko
is Blowin Smoke!

Might as well throw my hat into the ring, don't think I've done one of these yet. Today's brisky on my iQue 110 trial run:

For links to all my BBQ Brethren recipe posts, click http://markandteri.com/recipes.htm
Saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #124
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

I really appreciated this Brisket Hash dish, it was lovely!

My wife apparently really appreciated it too!

We're going to go roll down that big grassy hill now, and maybe take a dip in the pond. Have you ever looked really close at a cricket?

Oh, more info about the dish is here.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...wpost&t=112671
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #125
bluetang

Brisket for lunch. I looked for a full packer, but(with the exception of selects at Wally World) no could find. Settled for a flat. Injected with beef broth and a small bit of cider vinegar over night. Rubbed with Coopers old Time, smoked @ 225 with apple. Took 'bout 7 hours.

Lunch! Please use this shot. Thanks for looking.

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #126
landarc

I hereby declare that my vote will not be cast.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #127
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q View Post
Looks great, but my vote will not be won by gimmicks.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #128
Fat Woody
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Hot & Slow - a Tale of Brisket Appreciation

Let me start by making one thing perfectly clear: I L-O-V-E BRISKET!!! When folks ask me what my favorite cut to Q is, I always answer, "brisket!". The highest (and most bizarre) compliment ever paid my BBQ was a friend of my son's who told me, "I would wake up with a smile on my face every day knowing that I had to strangle a man to eat this brisket!" A little weird maybe, but heartfelt nonetheless.

And so I enter this Appreciation of the Brisket TD because it's true - I appreciate the heck out of brisket!

I chose a packer from our freezer that proved to be a troublesome yet rewarding challenge in the end. From the moment I uncrated this 13LB hunk of lovely, it was - well - weird...the processing plant had left a big gash in the flat and the point had a gristly flap of meat attached; but still, I loved this brisket.

Unaware of the wife's plan to tie up my entire weekend, I thawed this oddball out on Friday and gave it a soak Saturday in preparation for a Sunday cook. With no time for a shopping trip to secure the usual marinade ingredients, I cleaned out the fridge and made a "kitchen sink" marinade:

Went back to an old rub combo and got the smoker started around 6:30 Sunday morning. Somewhere during my second cup of coffee, I chucked it on a 245* smoker:

The intention was to go slow for 4 hours - 225ish - then ramp up to 275* for the final part of the cook, but you know what they say about good intentions...don't think the smoker ever went below 230* for the whole cook and yet this freak of nature stalled for over two hours at 155*, yet I did not despair. I reached for the iPod and cranked up Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, allowing plenty of time for my beast of a beauty to finish.

Once it finally started moving, it was agonizingly slow to reach tenderness at 190* in the flat (even with temps running as high as 373*!). So I occupied my time as any loving Brisket devotee would by throwing back several barley pops and choking down a few good stogies.

Finally, at 7:45, I pulled and rested my homely hunk of goodness:

I didn't plate this entry because, well, by 8:30 I'd already eaten a salmon dinner provided by some neighbors who brought home over 30 lbs of fish from their vacation:

But I did slice up a few samples:

So here is my attempt at avoiding dreaded goose egg status, hopefully I have not violated too many TD rules; please use this as my TD entry photo and thanks for lookin'!:

Owner/Operator of: Superior "Stealth" SS2, Brinkmann "Lefty" Bandera clone (retired), Comalco Black Dog grill, and various Weber kettles.
World's fastest Belgian/Cuban Racing Yellow thermapen.
Fat Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #129
Saiko
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Woody View Post
I reached for the iPod and cranked up Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, allowing plenty of time for my beast of a beauty to finish.
That quote alone brought a tear to my eye. The late great Lowell George, what a great album. If it wasn't so late, I'd crack open another bottle of wine and just prop my feat (Feats don't fail me now!) up and listen along.

Damn I miss that band. Good looking brisky BTW.

For links to all my BBQ Brethren recipe posts, click http://markandteri.com/recipes.htm
Saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM   #130
caseydog

Downloads: 1

I need to start making beer money by charging people to Photoshop there TD entries. I'm thinking 20 bucks a photo -- and a 100 dollar bonus if your entry wins.

CD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1732576_bigabyte.jpg (85.6 KB, 26 views)
caseydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #131
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 15

WOW nice job on that touch up CD, brisket hash is one of my all time favs.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller
CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man
Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote