The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
jdloring01
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Smile Brisket on a Performer??

Hey guys. I have a Weber Performer. I have done ribs on it doing a indirect method and they have turned out great. Have been thinking of doing a brisket on it. I don't have my Smokey Mountain yet so I have to use the Performer. Any tips on cooking brisket on a Performer are welcome. Thanks

Unread 07-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
biglag
Knows what a fatty is.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=57882

here's a wonderful brisky tutorial. as far as cooking it on the performer, i'd probably run the temp up to where it's about 350ish at the dome and it'd probably be in the 250 range on the indirect side of the grill. i've smoked very few things on the performer so hopefully someone else can chime in. but do check out that tutorial, it's killer!
biglag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
mbshop
Babbling Farker

i do in my silver kettle. i cook around 275-350 grate temp. cook till a probe goes in easily.

Unread 07-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
SteveT
On the road to being a farker

I know I will probably get booed for this one, but if you want to make some really easy, fast BBQ sandwichs...take a brisket, put it in a "throw away" aluminum pan, and pour your favorite BBQ sauce over it (I like "Sweet Baby Rays"). Then put it on your Weber using indirect heat for a couple of hours. I comes out very tender. Slice it up, and serve on some nice rolls.

Yes, I know this not smoking, or grilling, but it tastes great and is easy, and if you want to feed a bunch of people it works quite well. I used to do this for lunches at work when I was an electrician. I would start the charcoal at about 9:30am, put the meat on at 10:00 am, slice it up at noon, and everybody chowed down!!

SteveT

Unread 07-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
I know I will probably get booed for this one, but if you want to make some really easy, fast BBQ sandwichs...take a brisket, put it in a "throw away" aluminum pan, and pour your favorite BBQ sauce over it (I like "Sweet Baby Rays"). Then put it on your Weber using indirect heat for a couple of hours. I comes out very tender. Slice it up, and serve on some nice rolls.

Yes, I know this not smoking, or grilling, but it tastes great and is easy, and if you want to feed a bunch of people it works quite well. I used to do this for lunches at work when I was an electrician. I would start the charcoal at about 9:30am, put the meat on at 10:00 am, slice it up at noon, and everybody chowed down!!

SteveT
Steve, was the brisket already precooked? If you started out with a raw brisket, how could it possibly cook in only a couple hours? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong. No booing, Steve. Booing isn't very Brethrenly! I think some more detail would help though.

Bob

JD-Great thread here.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...brisket+kettle
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
BobBrisket

After a few scrubs were unsuccessful, let's see if this works. Keep the thread on topic!

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 5

I have cooked several packers on my Weber OTS and they came out great!

I use firebricks to create an indirect zone. Fill 2/3 with unlit charcoal ~ natural hardwood briquettes if you have it. Fire 1/2 chimney of said briquettes and sprinkle over unlit charcoal. Bring to temp ~ I run the lid temp no higher than 275. Once the temp is stable, throw in a couple of wood chunks, add the drip pan (with or without fluid) and the brisket.

I add wood chunks every hour or so up to 4 hours. The Weber can go several hours before refueling ~ as much as 10 hours if the weather is cooperating. And be patient ~ this is going to take awhile; 12 to 18 hours but it will be worth it.

I've used this method for overnight cooks and the brisket was flawless every time. You'll find the Weber to be one efficient cooking vessel ~ post some pics when your done.
Weber 18 and 22.5 OTS Kettle w/Marty's handles
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->