The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Default New guy on the block.

Guess you guys ain't so bad after all. I was kind of wondering with all of thoes flames and skulls. I started off saying I was a newby but I guess I have a few burns under my belt. Not more than a dozen including a couple of failures. The dog didn't think so, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. I live in Olympia Washington where BBQ means cooking weenies and burgers on a gas grill. I'm trying to spread the word. People just don't understand. It's not BBQ if you had to boil it! I think what really got me going on BBQ was a trip I took with my son last year. We went through Kansas City Missouri. We stopped in at a funky little BBQ joint and as we walked through the door I thought I could hear angles singing. That memory has driven me more than anything to get my Qing act together. Some day I hope I can play with the big boys. I'm 57 years old, maried and have one son, three horses, one dog, two cats and a four wheel dirve pick me up truck.

Doug
Old 03-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Welcome, Grab a cold one, and join the fun. Nice thing about those failures, at least the dog won't talk bad about your mistakes.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #3
BrooklynQ
Banned

Welcome to the group.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Heath
Full Fledged Farker

Welcome Doug, I think your aversion to real Q is that your too close to Oregon. Just ask Dave.
Party Crew
Bandera(Highly modified), Hasty Bake, Weber Gold, Unmodified SS hot water tank, an old wood burning fireplace insert, 2 buckets, and a hole in the ground. HeHe
Old 03-25-2005, 09:16 PM   #5
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Welcome to the group.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
Old 03-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #6
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm feelin' at home already. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to be doing some serious Qing tomorrow. I have to do ribbs, a roast and pulled pork. I really don't have time to do the pulled pork so I am cheating and starting it tonight in the kitchen oven. I'll half cook it tonight and then toss it in the smoker with the ribbs and roast tomorrow morning. I was hopeing to be able to do it the day before but things have been quite hectic lately.

Doug

It was a brave man who first ate an oyster.
Brinkman Stillwater Limited, Great Outdoors Vertical charcoal.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Welcome Brother!!
Old 03-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #8
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Welcome aboard Doug, enjoy what you learn and share what you know. If isn't too late, start your pork butt in the smoker then finish it in the oven. The smoke ring and smoke flavor take place happens prior to the meat reaching 140*. May you and yours have a blessed and happy Easter.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grill, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:51 AM   #9
BigBelly
is one Smokin' Farker

Welcome aboard!

Family BBQ and Catering
~: Proud Bandera Owner :~
Old 03-26-2005, 06:55 AM   #10
Solidkick

Default Re: New guy on the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoorenga
Guess you guys ain't so bad after all. I was kind of wondering with all of thoes flames and skulls. I started off saying I was a newby but I guess I have a few burns under my belt. Not more than a dozen including a couple of failures. The dog didn't think so, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. I live in Olympia Washington where BBQ means cooking weenies and burgers on a gas grill. I'm trying to spread the word. People just don't understand. It's not BBQ if you had to boil it! I think what really got me going on BBQ was a trip I took with my son last year. We went through Kansas City Missouri. We stopped in at a funky little BBQ joint and as we walked through the door I thought I could hear angles singing. That memory has driven me more than anything to get my Qing act together. Some day I hope I can play with the big boys. I'm 57 years old, maried and have one son, three horses, one dog, two cats and a four wheel dirve pick me up truck.

Doug
Great to have you! Being a MoFo (Missouri Folk), I'd have to say that WE do BBQ right! But, once you make your way around the board some, you'll soon discover that anything worth a dang at all was invented in Illinois.......... No boiling allowed here!! Take a look around, and make yourself at home! We're all here to help one another, have a good time, and make the best friends in the world, Q'n friends.

Welcome my new brother!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:37 AM   #11
Trout_man22
is One Chatty Farker

We're nice until you get to know us...then watch out.

Welcome!

"
God either exists or He doesn't.... I believe in God." Blaise Pascal
I'm a sinner, I regret my sin and will try to never do it again.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #12
parrothead

Welcome!

American Picker Blog
Old 03-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #13
jeffsasmokin
Full Fledged Farker

Welcome to the Site! Enjoy!

Modified Bandera
Charmglow All Stainless Gas
CB 26 1/2" Kettle
ECB
Fabricated All-Wood Burn Barrel
BC Select Outdoor Fryer
Old 03-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #14
Arlin_MacRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Welcome Doug, I think your aversion to real Q is that your too close to Oregon. Just ask Dave.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Just 'cause I live in Q country NOW doesn't mean those poor Oregonians back home can't appreciate a good pieve of meat. lol

Welcome aboard, Hoorenga! Say hi to God's country for me.

Arlin

NB El Dorado Offset, Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Black Thermapen, red backlit Thermapen
Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Missin' KC...
Old 03-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae
Just 'cause I live in Q country NOW doesn't mean those poor Oregonians back home can't appreciate a good pieve of meat. lol
Boiled ribs are one of my "pieves".

2 - FEC 240
Pitmaker Vault
Medium Spicewine

Remembering Scott
Closed Thread