Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Full Fledged Farker

Default Jerky on the UDS...Help!

I have been searching high and low for stackable jerky racks that will fit in my UDS. I have always made beef/deer jerky (ground with jerky gun) in the dehydrator. But with my new toy I think it will be way better in the smoker. Does anyone know of a place to buy such a thing. I have found one at LEM website that is 18X13 stackable. I just measured my UDS and I don't think it will quite fit in. I was really looking for a round one more like the 22.5 weber grates or something stackable that would fit on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[SIZE="3"]Backwoods Competitor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]22.5" Weber One Touch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Weber Performer ([B]Black[/B])[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Stoker WiFi Edition[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]DigiQ DX ([COLOR=red][B]Red[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black])[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=black]Super Fast[/COLOR] [B]Orange[/B] [COLOR=black]Thermapen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
BBQ4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Full Fledged Farker

i have done it using 2 round 22.5 weber grates, with a 2 big rocks to seperate them, then a third square grate i had laying around, on top of thoes.

I've done it by keeping the temp real low for a long time, until it dries. but now i prefer to smoke it on the uds for about 2 hours on low 150ish degrees, then put it on the dehydrator. Much easier that way
ytsejam is offline   Reply With Quote