The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
bover
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Fountains Blaze Off, Independence MO is on!

Despite the rumors you may have heard about the Fountains contest in Independence, MO being cancelled this year, I just got confirmation from the new organizer that it is indeed on for October 14-15. Details are on the KCBS site.

As a judge the unique setting of this contest (inside a retirement home) makes it far and away my favorite and from what I've heard it has a great reputation with the cooks as well. I was really happy to hear that the event is continuing on so I figured I'd share the news for those of you that may also have been wondering about the status. Hope to see you there!

Unread 07-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yeah but Jon and Clara Williams are no longer there running it and the "new" organizer has never done anything like this before. I'm just sayin'... buyer beware. It may turn out well but I'm guessing it's a crap shoot either way.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote