The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 06-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
toadhunter911
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default COS cooking grate mod?

I'm debating whether to change the cooking grate on my Chargriller Pro from the stock CI 3 piece grate (and the el cheapo top rack). My BIL can weld up a one piece grate using heavy expanded metal and angle iron, and make a rack with legs out of the same materials. Anyone else made a similar mod (and if so, pics please)? Anyone with possible design ideas?

Unread 06-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
mbshop
Babbling Farker

can't remember seeing or reading anything like that. might be heavy but why not ? just don't throw the ci grates away !

Unread 06-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
J'ville Grill
is Blowin Smoke!

I just don't see what the benefit would be of doing away with the CI grates. Now a better warming rack would be nice as long as it's still easily removable.