The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
tigerpaw
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default DC this weekend

Did anybody ever hear from them about if they were chosen to judge? And if so, may I ask how you were notified -email, fax, phone call, slow mail, smoke signal. etc?

I ask because I applied and even though their application clearly state you would be notified no later than June 1st either way - yes come and no stay home, I heard nothing. Neither did the judges I spoke with this past weekend at an event.

I have no issue with not being chosen. I do have an issue with being told one thing and then not ever hearing anything because now I am not sure is it lost in cyberspace? Did my mailman somehow keep it along with my June issue of The Bull Sheet to read? Are they expecting me yet I don’t know to be there?

And yes around the 10th I did try contacting each and every person listed as contact persons for the event and did not hear one thing back. All I asked each was - I had not heard either way and wanted to make sure I was not expected to be there and did not know it. Could they please tell me yes or no. I find this disturbing but a general business condition these days of not being professional to just say No. Rather than return a call or email and say NO I as well as many other judges are left to wonder.

I like the idea of telling someone either way by a set date. But when you don't and they are no where to be found following the deadline and can't bother to answer a simpe yes no question... well that’s poorly done IMHO.
tigerpaw is offline   Reply With Quote