Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Maple/Hickory Smoked BB Ribs & Roadside Chicken

The Missus and I had a friend over last night for dinner, so decided to smoke some ribs on the WSM and do some roadside chicken on the drum. I've been using a LOT of Simply Marvelous and Rub Co rubs of late, and realized I had a good amount of my Rib Rub #2, so decided to use that up. I forgot how good it was it's been so long!

Here's the two racks all rubbed down and ready to go in the smoker. For this cook, I used maple and hickory.

I smoked the ribs at 275, and pulled them about 3. 5 hours later.

After that I fired up the UDS and did the Roadside Chicken. Took about 40 mins as it was a small chicken. No pics of the cook, but here's everything in a basket and ready to eat:

I have to say, the WSM has taken my ribs to a whole new level. They were perfectly moist and tender. The chicken was also great, very moist with nice crispy skin!
The Fun Never Stops at the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
Big Red UDS/Small BGE/Blackstone Pizza Oven/Pit Barrel Cooker/Vision Kamado/Purebred American Rat Terrier Whisperer
Check out my blog:

Moose is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice looking ribs! I've got a dozen thighs marinating for Roadside right now for grilling for dinner.
WSM, 22" Cajun Bandit, 26" Webers, Weber Performers, MBH's, WGA
mwmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks fine, fine ,fine! Starvin' over here!!
Homegrown 120 Gallon Reverse Flow, Homey, the Homegrown frier, 1UDS, 3 Stack Pro Q Excel 20, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM, 150lb Capacity Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Bicycle Fast Polder Thermo, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill
bluetang is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks great Moose!

Weber OTG
Cast Iron Hibachi
Large BGE
Grabnabber is offline   Reply With Quote