The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SIDE vs Myron

according to unconfirmed reports from questionalbe sources, prominent Brethren member, pitmaster of the Smoke in Da Eye award winning competition team and Long Island cooking legend Clint Cantwell has defeated some of the best hair in BBQ, Myron Mixon in a grilling contest as part of the Big Apple BBQ Block Party.

In a recent update on his Facebook page, Clint aka SIDE was quoted as having "Cooked through a stomach bug and beat the winningest man in bbq, myron mixon!". Ever so humble, SIDE also exclaimed that while fun its cooking against a legend, Myron may be "a master but the grill is my domain!"

In related news the US Postal service will be holding meetings early next week to determine the zip code for Clint's ego.

Nice job buddy!

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Where's the video?
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
watg?
is One Chatty Farker

any pics? inquiring minds want to know....me too

Startin the Fire-(a book) Everything you need to know about starting a competition BBQ team. (except the recipes) www.startinthefire.com

"Let me have a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, make it fast, I'm in a ---damn hurry". Sheriff Buford T.Justice
watg? is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
according to unconfirmed reports from questionalbe sources, prominent Brethren member, pitmaster of the Smoke in Da Eye award winning competition team and Long Island cooking legend Clint Cantwell has defeated some of the best hair in BBQ, Myron Mixon in a grilling contest as part of the Big Apple BBQ Block Party.

In a recent update on his Facebook page, Clint aka SIDE was quoted as having "Cooked through a stomach bug and beat the winningest man in bbq, myron mixon!". Ever so humble, SIDE also exclaimed that while fun its cooking against a legend, Myron may be "a master but the grill is my domain!"

In related news the US Postal service will be holding meetings early next week to determine the zip code for Clint's ego.

Nice job buddy!

When is the US Postal Service going to honor you as biggest mouth with zero bite?

I love you like a brother sean but your bullsheet callouts of people with more talent are getting tired.

I was proud of what I did today as I am of all of my wins. Feel free to come an do some real talking on the grill versus you're b's "shake and bake" child play.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
MilitantSquatter

SIDE - Maybe it's me and I'm out of the loop, but I took his post as nothing more than just putting a little humor on reporting results for this unique grilling thing or whatever this should be called ..

I didn't take it as a callout, and I'm not sure what perceived talent levels between he and you mean here...

Chit... when words get taken so seriously to the point of friends calling each other over something so simple as grilling, to me that's a problem that should be handled offline..

Thanks

Thanks from: --->
Unread 06-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Clint,

I apologize if I offended you, I was just trying to be funny, it was meant tongue in cheek.......

you should be proud, bottom line you were in the middle of NYC competing against a celebrity and I was home doing nothing.

sorry that you took it wrong friend, I didn't mean to disparage anything that you have done

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal

Unread 06-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

All, This was a great, fun hearted competition.
Clint and Myron shared some great, fun spirited banter back and forth and all were fine gentleman. Clint won, Myron was totally respectful and kind.
I worked the KCBS booth and photo'ed and video'ed the entire event. Clint will post the great shots. I will post one.
But it was all for fun. And that's what all involved were about, and happy to have the crowd's applause from the pouring rain!

P6110037 LOW RES.jpg

KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
SIDE - Maybe it's me and I'm out of the loop, but I took his post as nothing more than just putting a little humor on reporting results for this unique grilling thing or whatever this should be called ..

I didn't take it as a callout, and I'm not sure what perceived talent levels between he and you mean here...

Chit... when words get taken so seriously to the point of friends calling each other over something so simple as grilling, to me that's a problem that should be handled offline..

Thanks

Ok. I'll assume his snarky comments are what they are.

I'm tired and I know sean loves the fake " shake and bake" joke so it's easy to assume he's being snarky arse.

I was very very very proud to show up and cook some amazing food then to beat the winningest man in bbq head_to-head today. Unfortunately it's not PC to share that pride with your "friends" anymore without getting played.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis

Unread 06-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
Clint,

I apologize if I offended you, I was just trying to be funny, it was meant tongue in cheek.......

you should be proud, bottom line you were in the middle of NYC competing against a celebrity and I was home doing nothing.

sorry that you took it wrong friend, I didn't mean to disparage anything that you have done
Brother, I love you as always. Its been a long day and I was wishing someone would give me some luv for quieting that loud ass Myron!!!! See you soon.

Unread 06-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Great job Clint! What an accomplishment
Wicked fast, Super accurate, splash proof RED Thermapen
www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Brother, I love you as always. Its been a long day and I was wishing someone would give me some luv for quieting that loud ass Myron!!!! See you soon.
I thought I was! you must have confused me with STD

Thanks from:--->
Unread 06-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Wow!!!
1 Weber Gold Series Grill
1 WSM
1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg