• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Troy pigout-troy, ny

Great contest except for then people's choice shake n bake. Which gets bought :rolleyes:

We just sent are app in wensday this will be our frist comp off long island.
Any heads up or things to know for better preperation for this would be
awsome.

they're all bought.

but, great event. plenty of nice people, plenty of brethren.

when i get back up there maybe i can find my shoes that washed away last year:shocked:

One of my favorite contests. People choice normally goes to the local guy who brings all of his friends at every comp. Try and make it. Great Venue!

Do you have to cook peoples choice?

nope, and if you're not let me know :becky:

Peopls's choice contests are what they are. This one last year had the ribs donated by Dinosaur BBQ and raised money for the Susan G Komen foundation. It realy is one of the highlights of the weekend for the organizers and draws a huge crowd if the weather is nice.

Sled is just still upset that his sauce fountain flopped
:rockon:

I love the Troy Pig Out! I also love the hotel within walking distance! :-D

We don't do PC. Our team is just the wife and I and we cook on one smoker. But to support the cause we buy tickets.

-Mike

I love the Troy Pig Out! I also love the hotel within walking distance! :-D

We don't do PC. Our team is just the wife and I and we cook on one smoker. But to support the cause we buy tickets.

-Mike

Thats the thing..probably not going to get up there until late friday night..and only me and my dad i think.... but my vote can always be bought. not shy

Had a great time cooking this event last year with Brian, (despite the heavy rain storm Saturday night).
The PC was a blast as most of the brethren teams banded together, cooked our cases of ribs and pooled them with Big Guns to try and make a run at the "local" favorites.
I'm looking forward to this one again and will appreciate the absence of torrential rain this time.

it's only my wife and i as well, but now with 2 WSM's we are all in for PC. it really is alot of fun. look out big guns!

oh, the poor sauce fountain...

Just spoke to Elizabeth Young of the Troy pig out. They are coming up on a full contest. Says there are only about 3 to 4 spots left. So get your checks and apps in and give her a call so she could save u a spot....Also, very nice lady. So I AM IN

One of my favorite contests. People choice normally goes to the local guy who brings all of his friends at every comp. Try and make it. Great Venue!

Now now I don't have that many friends:confused: I won it last year and good smoke won it the year before.

I'm local to Troy and have gone the past couple years as a "spectator". A few buddies and I are competing this year (General Joe's BBQ - our first comp so stop by and say hi. We'll be the woefully unprepared, stressed out team). I'm told that because of complaints that the peoples choice can be "bought", the judging is changing this year from a "ticket in the basket" to more of a rating system.

just received conformation for this event
is it held on pavement or on grass.
Thanks
Ray

Back