smoky bones restaurant

roknrandy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I see by some of the previous posts that this chain got some good reviews. We've had 6 different mom & pop Q spots open up here in the last few years and they all go out of business in 2 or 3 years. Non have had really good food :(

I hope this chain is as good as everyone says and it stays around for a long time. In this part of Virginia there aren't any great BBQ places just the normal fast food. I'm not sure why it never caught on here?

Maybe I'll have to move to Illinois :shock:

We're a coupla weeks away from having a Smokey Bones in the OKC metro.

Oh crap--did I bring us back on topic??

Just started our new office this week on the Illinois side of St. Louis. Had to go to Lowe's to get some shelving. Came out and right accross the street was a smokey bones. Guess it's lunch time! Had the choose three platter and chose brisket, pulled pork, and sausage. Overall, not bad for a chain. I talked to the manager and fenagled a trip to the kitchen to check out their smokers. Back to the food. The pulled pork had a light hint of a finishing sauce. Not bad. The brisket had all of the fat in it and a little bit salty. Not bad. The sausage, i thought, was pretty darn good, and I am not a big fan of the sausage thing. I am tasting it right now.

We will return.

By the way. I was NOT bowled over by their sauce. OK with just a hint of it, and something in there recognizable, but could not quite put my finger on it.

Back