Build is done

Two Bears

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I finally finished the 500 gallon smoker. It's a reverse flow. Painted it on Saturday and cooked on Sunday. We did a turkey and slab of ribs. The turkey turned out great - moist breast and the wings fell off when I moved the bird out to a glass dish, the turkey took 6 hours and was a 20 pounder. The ribs were fantastic sorry no finished pictures of the ribs...

Right now I have brisket on and will be doing a pile of trout, burgers on the charcoal inserts I made for below the grates. Will post pictures of the trout when done. The brisket is already cooked and shreaded.

paint.jpg

paint2.jpg

1stcook2.jpg

1stcook3.jpg

1stcook4.jpg

1stcook.jpg

Wow, nice rig and it is huge. Lots of meat to fill that thing up.

Great rig! I love the props for the doors. Do you need a push stick to get the doors open so high?

The doors are not very high, just high enough to clear my head. :becky:

I will be mounting hatchets for door handles soon. So right now there are no handles on it so I am using a vice grip clamped to the door to open it with until I get around to mounting the hatchets...

awesome smoker!!! just had a reverse flow built and got it 3 weeks ago have cooked on it every weekend since and I am now a total reverse flow geek!!! my cooking area is 24x48 and I only have a 5 degree difference across grate.. I love mine and sure you will yours also!!:thumb::thumb:

Back