The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > ** EXPIRED **** Brethren Ventures > * Expired * Huntingdon County Customs LLC - custom metal design & fabrication

Notices

* Expired * Huntingdon County Customs LLC - custom metal design & fabrication * Expired * Huntingdon County Customs LLC custom metal design & fabrication. We design and manufacture custom BBQ grills and smokers, BBQ accessories, metal signs, custom auto accessories, individually commissioned art, and much more! The products and designs at Huntingdon County Customs LLC are truly one of a kind!

Unread 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
padawan6510
Got rid of the matchlight.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Huntingdon County Customs LLC

Apparantly I was took by Huntingdon County Customs LLC. Anyone else having problems with them? They seem not to be able to return calls or answer emails. Hate to have a negative post, but I don't like these types of business practices either.
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1

Please be patient... Brian is a trusted and valued brother here...
He could be on vacation... just had one major difficult month... organizing and juggling his work, a charity event, and a BBQ Brethren Battle simultaneously.

He may be out of the office... needing a getaway.

Former smokers;
Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
Thanks from:--->
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
smokinin614
Knows what a fatty is.

Well....What happened..
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
padawan6510
Got rid of the matchlight.

Ive been very patient. Its been quite a few months and many emails. They could at least respond.
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Cook
is One Chatty Farker

If it indeed has been months and you have tried multiple forms of communication, then there is no excuse short of hospitalization.

That would be very poor customer service...if true.
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
jimbloomfield
Full Fledged Farker

I have done business with Brian before a few times. One time did take longer then the others but he did come through. Hopefully he will contact you soon. He does great work!
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
garyk1398
Babbling Farker

Pm sent.

Gary, KCBS -CBJ
Certified Nebraska MOINK Baller, KCBS - CBJ
Semper Fi, when in doubt empty the magazine
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

did you try to pm him? he has answered mine almost immediatly.
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
jlane
Full Fledged Farker

I bought one of his keg smokers off of him back in '09. Communication was slow at times but he did come through.
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for letting me know about this through a PM guys. I also PM'd the new member with an issue with me.

I hate to make excuses but yes I have been in and out of the hospital from being hit by a truck in a pedestrian accident along with the events Bandit listed below. I contacted him in PM to find out what the deal is and get it taken care of. Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

I feel like part of the problem is I originally tried to make my business look as professional as possible with the truck wrap and the cool looking website so people expect me to be a large business with multiple employees and the truth of it is I am everyone who works for the company from management to design to fabrication and shipping so as I have seen growth this year I have not been doing as good of a job of organization and a couple orders have fallen through the cracks.

I assure all of you I am not in the business of screwing anyone over.

Thanks.
-B
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

I'm glad this thread came up because I apparently missed the existence of this service in the past somewhere. I think I'm gonna need one of these grates for my drum at some point in the near future :)
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey View Post
I assure all of you I am not in the business of screwing anyone over.

-B
Always knew that, as I think most of the other members who have been here awhile. Didn't know you were injured! Hope you're better now and have a full recovery!
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks. I havent been on the brethren allot this year as I said Im running it all by myself and the luck hasnt been in my favor. Usually I have a student working for me over the summer who helps me and I train in metal fab which didnt happen, then I had some health issues, a lightening strike which nuked my machine, then the parts come in and the "heat dome" had my entire opperation down for a week. Even my air compressor was over heating. It was around 104 F outside and over 130 F inside! It was just one thing after another and I just didnt want to come dumping that on the group when I havent been able to really share in builds or Q or anything in a long time.

I did the Q for the Wounded Warrior Appreciation day with a few volunteers. We did 16 butts at about 150# of pork and 200 sirloin steaks, 100 burgers and 100 dogs for a bunch of really great people. That was the weekend of our intense flooding. The plan was actually for the veterans to go fishing on boats and then eat my Q. Turned out the lake was shut down as they took on 8' of water over the 28 mile lake!! (that's allot of water!!) then the following weekend I had the BBQ at the Beach competition here at Lake Raystown.

Not as an organizer but as someone who saw what went on, I was really happy and disappointed at the same. I was happy for who came out and split up to give us the 25 teams we needed to be a jack qualifier. Not so much for me and the future of the event but for the teams who were counting on that as a potential for them. I was disappointed at all the teams who didnt show up and I even had 1 send me a txt the day of the event saying they wouldnt be making it. I spent the week prior to the event catching up on orders, making trophies, and calling nearly every team in the north east to fill the event.

I apologize for letting anyone slip in the cracks but I take responsibility for it and I'll make it right.

Again, I appreciate all the good things U guys have to say about my work. It really helps when sometimes Im overwhelmed with the bad stuff.
Unread 09-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Get well soon!
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #15
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Just an update - We are exchanging PM's and getting this sorted out.

Thanks!