This Thursday Baby Backs Hy-Vee $1.99lb

Rubmybutt

Full Fledged Farker
Got a call from a friend that drives for them and this thursday ribs on sale at $1.99lb, limit two. He said he doesn't know how check out will know the limit so you may want to try more.

Hope this helps you folks out that are going to do ribs!:thumb:

Careful what you wish for, I bought them last year during their Memorial Day sale and they were awful. If you have a fareway near you in Iowa they will match the price and some stores cut their own. If they do try some, they're really good!

Here's a link to the ad for the Des Moines area...Limit 2. If I know Hy-Vee, they're probably Hormel Enhanced...

Chris

I believe you are correct. If I remember correctly I picked some of them up last year and they were enhanced. Just don't add salt to your rub and you can make them work.

Walmart will match the price too.....All I have to do is say that ribs are brisket are on sale somewhere and they automatically match the price (most of the time without even asking to see the ad).

if fareway pricematches this , then this is win. now to see if this is the same in the QC.

The Fareway I shop at usually has the price from a competitors ad already marked on the items they are matching. Unfortunately, the particular store I frequent doesn't always have back ribs available, but they always have spares on hand.

But you can be sure I'll ask if they have any in the cooler...

Chris

Just called my local fareway and they WON'T match the price. They say it's a different rib:mad:

Econo foods won't match ether but they might go to Hy-Vee and buy some?

Last edited:
Just got back from Hy-Vee, there Hormel back ribs, don't look to bad frozen. Bought 2, went back in, bought 2, went back in, bought 2, I think you could do that all day. Our store had a Southern Pride smoker going outside, OMG, it smelled great, this time when I go back I'm going to change my ball hitch and bring that muther back! YUM YUM:thumb:

Hormel Baby Backs???

Target has Hormel baby backs for $2.49 this week till saturday. Any one try these? I havent found anything cheaper here in So Cal and my wife really prefers baby backs. I think Vons has the tiny rack spares cheap but I hated them last labor day.

FYI, these are enhanced so lay off the salt in your rubs. Has anyone ever tried soaking enhanced ribs to mellow the salt content?

Back