The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
roller2di
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Char-Broil's The Big Easy Smoker,Roaster and Grill recipe help...

My wife bought me The Big Easy last year, and I was wondering if any of you have one and if so, what do you find that cooks really well in it??

I've made basic stuff like pulled pork and turkey in it, but was to get a little more into BBQ like ribs and such. I also read that great BBQ is cooked low and slow, but the Big Easy is hard to control the temp on, so what to do?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Roller in Michigan
roller2di is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Remember this is an "oil-less" fryer. Ribs might be a challenge. There are lots you can cook on this cooker, but since it's not really a grill or smoker it's going to take some adjustments.

I'm a little interested in how you did pulled pork on it. That would be one hot and fast cook...

The best way to reach me is with email: larry@thebbqgrail.com
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think he's got this one Larry.

deguerre is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

You can do Rendezvous Ribs on it pretty easily. I was really impressed with the results.

Here's a pic from the cookout in that link:

GrillinFool is offline   Reply With Quote