The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Brining Pork Loin

I have never used a brine on anything, so this new to me. But I know it is suppose to help with moisture and since pork loin tends to dry out after you slice it I thought it might be worth a try. The only thing is I ate some brinned loin from a BBQ guy once and it seemed salty. So can you brine and good moisture results without adding to much of a salt taste to the end product. And if so what mixture would you suggest for brinning and for how long.
firefighter4634 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Cook
is One Chatty Farker

Remember, you don't have to brine...just don't overcook it & you'll have a nice, moist loin.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
ianjoe
Full Fledged Farker

If you over brine it will be salty too. Also you can always add less salt to your brine. Plenty of good recipes for brines out there. I always brine my chicken/turkey and lean cuts of pork.

You mentioned that the loin drys out after cutting. Double check that your not cutting into it without a rest period.
ianjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Frank Grimes
Full Fledged Farker

i have brined the last couple pork loins I have smoked and they have turned out great. The last one I did had apricot nectar in it to help cut the salt, and it was fantastic. I will be home tonight and send you the recipe. With brines, you just have to be sure your ratios are correct and not let the meat soak that long. All cuts have different brining times due pork loin/chicken/turkey/pork chops, etc. all being different sizes.
Frank Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote