MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
parrdist
Full Fledged Farker

Default A little Disappointed

I'm wanting to get into competing more, having done it a couple of times.Found a Backyard contest Pork Steaks and Ribs. This is in my wheel house.Only $15.00 entry fee,pays 3 places winner gets $100.00 1st place. Called my son to get him to help and he say's he can't, that my Daughter in Laws Birthday and her party is that day. I forgot about the party. I Love My daughter in Law to death, so no way can I miss her party. So I'm still looking for a way to compete this year.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

I've never competed in BBQ. It seems they come and they go. Family, though, is irreplaceable.
Good on you man, disappointed as you are
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Bartkowiakj
Knows what a fatty is.

Be glad that you got an invite and go--- I would be running. I always find out second hand when the parties are or maybe never. When I invite --the kids never show.
Now,check out a few of the local fundraisers craft shows or the local BBQ societies---they may have some dates that are more to your liking.
Bartkowiakj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
parrdist
Full Fledged Farker

Oh have no doubt I'm going and I'm cooking,she loves my Q. I'll get 1st place in her backyard, good enough for me.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Meat Burner
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Good attutued parrdist! You're definately a brethren.

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is offline   Reply With Quote