Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub Ribeyes

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was at Sam's Club this past weekend and noticed some nice thick ribeyes for sale so I grabbed a package. I wasn't planning on cooking ribeyes so I had no marinade, spices etc planned ahead of time...what to do? what to do? I grabbed my shaker of Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub and generously rubbed down both steaks just before starting the lump for the Weber kettle. When the lump was ready I tossed on some cherry wood & then added the steaks a few seconds later. I have to say these were some of the best steaks. Even my wife commented that she didn't have the highest of hopes when it came to the complexity of flavors since I was "only using a rub" (we both usually go for bold flavors) but she went on & on about these steaks all night. These were some of the best steaks I have ever grilled. The Simply Marvelous folks have outdone themselves with this rub. This will be a requested meal in my house from now on. Hmmm, I'd better get in another order for Cherry rub! Sorry, no pron from this cook.

Nice!! Been meaning to try Simply Marv rubs.. I really should order some! Thanks for the encouragement. :thumb:

Yeah, brother Steph sure makes some quality stuff. I like it a lot......SEE:
IMG_2391.jpg

:becky::thumb:

Never thought of trying on direct grill steaks, though. The sugar didn't burn on you? Hmmmmmmmm......another way to love this stuff?????

:clap2:

Yeah, brother Steph sure makes some quality stuff. I like it a lot......SEE:
IMG_2391.jpg

:becky::thumb:

Never thought of trying on direct grill steaks, though. The sugar didn't burn on you? Hmmmmmmmm......another way to love this stuff?????

:clap2:

Wampus that brings a tear to my eye. I think I will be ordering in the same quantity for now on.

HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Thanks. Actually I bought all of that for a 20 butt cook I have to do this weekend. Just got it delivered late last week and happened to have the pic in my computer when I saw your thread. Can't imagine how long it would take me to go through that much on my own.....:rolleyes:

Also have a 5-er of pecan for chicken. THAT stuff is good as well.

Don't forget the Season All, Spicy Apple, Sweet and Spicy.....heck, there'll ALL good!!!:thumb:

Back