The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
mwmac
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Japanese Grilling

While picking up Smokin with Myron Mixon, spotted a book on Japanese grilling, The Japanese Grill (Tadashi Ono/Harris Salat). Anyone else seen it? Covers sauces, seasonings, dips, techniques (butchering/boning whole chicken). I'm off to get some firebricks to setup for yakitori

Unread 05-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
mbshop
Babbling Farker

i've seen other books and have a couple but not that one. the charcoal they use is very special stuff but regular lump should do. just another fun way to cook.

Unread 05-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

It would be good just for the sauces and such. Incorporating those into typical stuff we do could really take your game up a notch...
GrillinFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Tadashi Ono is a great chef at Matsuri in New York. Both of his books: The Japanese Grill and Japanese Hot Pot are a big part of my Asian cookbook library. I love both of these books.

If you like Asian cooking you should check out Harry Salat's (co-author the above books) blog http://www.japanesefoodreport.com. His book Takashi's Noodles with Takashi Yagihashi is fabulous.

The best way to reach me is with email: larry@thebbqgrail.com
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

I often do yakitori on the hibachi. Good, fun grilling.

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
mwmac
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
Tadashi Ono is a great chef at Matsuri in New York. Both of his books: The Japanese Grill and Japanese Hot Pot are a big part of my Asian cookbook library. I love both of these books.

If you like Asian cooking you should check out Harry Salat's (co-author the above books) blog http://www.japanesefoodreport.com. His book Takashi's Noodles with Takashi Yagihashi is fabulous.
Larry, Thanks for the link, much appreciated