leftovers

J

jv_stl

I cooked a my first chuckie for tacos on Sunday . We just had left overs and it had a heavier smoke taste then yesterday. I don't know if I noticed this before with other meats. Is this common?

I enjoy smoked meat even more the second day, seems to get deeper in the meat and not as sharp flavored

I've noticed that the heavier the smoke taste, it will be more pronounced the next day. Pork, beef, poultry....they all seem to be MORE smokey the next day.

When I first started smoking, I used to POUND everything with a lot of smoke. In the last year, I've started being more sparing with the smoke. I and others have noticed that it's more of a subtle smoke now. The next day it's also more subtle.

Guess it just depends on how much smoke you like. I've just found that less is sometimes more. I've learned not to overpower it with smoke. The leftovers are better that way too.

I think its the several times I get hit directly in the face with clouds of smoke, that my smeller is dulled and it doesnt get straightened out till the next day :-D

Back