Parsley question

Depends on the size of the bunches and how you build your box. If you use a lettuce base, you'll need less parsley than if you build a 100% parsley box.

I pick up a parsley bag from Restaurant Depot with 10 good sized bunches and usually average two bunches per box. Now with the smaller bunches from the local grocery store, I may easily power through 3 bunched per box.

I like to have a least 10 bunches. There are times I have only used 4-5 bunches for all 4 boxes. On average it take 8 bunches, but there are times I have had to use all ten and wished I had more.

It really depends on the quality and how sandy/dirty the parsley is.

How many bunches of parsley should I buy for 4 boxes?

The case we bought is already spoken for. If you know anybody else cooking in Austin that you could split a case with, the HEB at Brodie and William Canon will hold it in their reefer for you. Just call the main number and ask for the produce manager and tell them what you need.

I've been allocating 1.5 bunches per box ... 4 boxes = 6 good bunches...I have noticed quite a difference in the colors / etc. so I am now digging through the pile at the market looking for the ones with the best "bush" . I always went for good bush.

What Scottie said - we usually buy 2.5 big bunches per box and always have left over. Better to have some $.59 bunches of parsley left over for another team to borrow or rebuild a dropped box than to have too little. It's a small amount of money to be overprepared in the grand scheme of things.

I get a case from my local grocery store for every comp he charges me 10 bucks. Last year I was at a comp and barely had enough had to put the ugly stuff under the meat,dont wanna be in that situation again or having to look for it on the way to the comp.

Have a case on reserve and will split with you in Austin. I'm picking it up between12 and 3 at the HEB George mentioned.

Well I often use 10 but unless they are real big and good bunches then I usually buy 16 and have leftover. Cheap insurance. However if I have 2 contests in back to back weeks then I usually get a case from Rest Depot. Cheaper and excellent quality and will eawsily last in the fridge for a week.

Back