The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Patrick C.
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Smoked and seared burgers on the UDS (pics)

Tried a few burgers on the UDS. Ground up some of a 7 bone chuck roast to make the burgers, and threw the rest of it on for pulled beef.

I let it go at ~275F flipping once until they were about 140 inside. Opened up all the vents and left the lid off to let the fire flare up, then put the burgers on the lower rack which was directly on the fire basket. Got a pretty good surface- I should have left them to sear a little longer but a thunderstorm chased me inside. The chuck roast got foiled and finished off in the oven...

It wasn't hard to reach them- steaks should be easier, grabbing them with tongs rather than having to reach down with the spatula.
Patrick C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
MrOneEyedBoh
On the road to being a farker

So how was the taste? I was thining of doing that, as I love burgers. I was like ehh smoked burgers? Possibly. but I was unsure if they would get hot enough, quick enough. I dont want to cook that low haha.
MrOneEyedBoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

I bet they were tasty!!! Thanks for the pics Patrick!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is online now   Reply With Quote