The search is over.

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Pulling a butt or two is not a problem. However, when I have a dozen or more at the restaurant, it seems to be a never ending task.

Last night I threw 4 butts in the oven to prepare for superbowl. I know, I know, but the end product will be smothered in sauce, so the meat won't be tasted anyway. Anyway, it took me about 2-3 minutes to seperate the bone and fat from the meat. I threw this in my kitchen aid mixer with the dough hook in it, put the shield on it, fired it up and presto, pulled pork in 30 seconds. Just take it easy, I can tell that if I had gone much longer, I would have had butt mush.

The beauty of it is that we have a much bigger floor model of the same at the restaurant, that can probably take 4 or 5 butts at a time.

I rule!

Kewl!

So would the dough hook now officially be a butt hook?

I have a Kitchenaid... I'll have to try it on my next butt!

Greg--sooo creative :lol:

If I had one of those machine, I would try that trick!

TIM

I take it you don't have a Buffalo Chopper at the restaurant? They work great and can, of course, be used for slaw, etc. Using the dough hook is definately creative!! :D

We don't have a buffalo chopper. Been looking at getting one though.

Been doing that for some time. Its also good to mix meatloaf, sausage porcupine balls etc.

I have an older model sans the shield. Will I have a total mess on my counter top without the shield?

Just go as fast as you can without throwing stuff out. I was just washing everything up and read the sticker on my dough hook. Do not use past a speed of 2.

gonna have to try that. Good idea, Greg.

WAY TO GO!! For a party that landed in my lap at the last minute. I threw 3 butts in 3 crock pots over night. As most of you know they need a little water in the bottom of each. I used vinegar, water and liquid smoke. And like, Greg....dumped it in the food processor...drenched it with sauce and we were good to go.

Back