ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Unread 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1
Talking ***SPECIAL*** 2011 BBQ Brethren "Burger" Throwdown!!!

Oh, happy day! I am making this one a SPECIAL THROWDOWN!!!

Our new category is...

"Burgers!!!"

BobBrisket's winning entry from last year's 2010 Burger Throwdown!

...as chosen by High Q, the winner of the Crepe Throwdown!

Please make sure you make a Burger. The term "Burger" can be rather loosely defined, much the same way it can be loosely ground. Last year, we had someone try and enter a farking Chicken Sammich of all farking things, and all farking hell broke loose resulting in the "Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010". I am hoping we do not have a repeat. So please don't enter any farking Chicken Sammiches!!! If you need a reference point, see here to last years Burger Throwdown thread...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=82214

In case you need help knowing what the fark a farking burger is then you are probably a farking left-wing-liberal commie-pinko tree-huggin hemp-wearin camel-humpin climate-changin terrorist-kissin whale-savin Lenin-lovin Fidel-philanderin Che-shaggin PETA-partnerin lettuce-munchin meat-is-murderin vegan douchebag whose brain has succumbed to the transmissions of the super secret liberal cabal!

In that case, here is the definition of a "burger", as taken from Wikipedia, the foremost authority in all things food!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

Please note that High Q has specifically requested that farking Chicken Sammiches are NOT allowed. In case you don't know what that is either, this is the definition of a Chicken Sammich from the world's foremost cooking authority, Wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Sandwich

Because this is a category with such a long history on this site, and is very rich in lore and tradition, I am making this a SPECIAL Throwdown, and it will be open 1 week longer than normal. It will close on May 1st, which is May Day, which is also the international term used when airplanes are going down in flames and are calling for help. This seems very appropriate for this category after last year.

Because this one week extension will result in a week with no category chosen by a winner, someone needs to decide what that category will be. Please use the poll (to be posted soon) to indicate who you think should pick this category! This also means that because the winner of this Throwdown will NOT get to pick a category, which is tradition for Special Throwdowns. Instead, you will simply have the distinguished honor of being declared the winner of one of the few Special Throwdowns, and in this case a very special one, a farking BURGER Special Throwdown!

So, now that we have cleared that up and you farkers know EXACTLY what you can and can not do, LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/15 through Sunday 5/1 (May Day...the irony is not lost on me).

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 5/1 (Mayday, mayday!).

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 5/2 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 5/6. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Mustard Throwdown until Sunday night 4/3 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Farking Mess Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Ooooo, my favorite all-time category! Thanks Hi-Q. I know who I'm voting for next time. Now, I can't decide whether to do a kettle-fried-chicken burger or a steak-on-a-fork burger. Can we have another poll to help me decide?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
bigabyte

Oh, one more thing, since this is a...

SPECIAL THROWDOWN...

You can make more than one entry. I realize that in the opening post, the link to the rules says in Rule #5 that only one photo from one dish will be used in the voting, but that is not the case here.

For this Throwdown, Rule #5 is suspended!

For this Special 2011 BBQ Brethren Burger Throwdown, you may make as many entries as you wish, but only one photo from each entry can be used for voting. Please let me know which photo you want me to put in the voting thread or else I will decide and my decision will be final.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
N8man
Babbling Farker

MMMMMMMMMChicken BurgersMMMMMMMM!!!

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
Cast Iron Chef
is One Chatty Farker

I've got a great recipe for KFC snackers. I can even microwave don't even need to fire up the kettle.
22.5" Weber One Touch Platinum
Genesis 3 Gasser
Bradley
Bisquette Pooper
Bullpen BBQ Team
Cast Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
bigabyte

I wonder how many different Dairy Queen logo's I am going to be looking for?

Duh.
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Ron_L

Quote:
A hamburger (or burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat (usually beef, but occasionally pork, turkey, or a combination of meats) usually placed inside a sliced bread roll. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish. The hamburger has attained widespread popularity and has proliferated worldwide.
The term hamburger or burger can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is never used, although the term "hamburger" is rarely used in the Commonwealth countries unless referring to a menu item of an American restaurant.
I see nothing in the above precluding the use of chicken...

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
bigabyte

There is nothing wrong with making a chicken burger any more than making a turkey burger, or a pork burger, or a mixture of pork and beef formed into a burger. The problem is the whole chicken sammich angle...which is a grey area larger than the one on Google Maps in southern Nevada (oops, I said too much, I hear the choppers).

Duh.
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Chicken Crockpot Tenders... in a bun.... Delish!
Just remember... the standard has gone up. You Americans are getting good at LAMB!

IMBAS Certified MOINK BALLER (NOSKOS RULE)
"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Too many other bits of BBQ Gear to count!

SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Cast Iron Chef
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
There is nothing wrong with making a chicken burger any more than making a turkey burger, or a pork burger, or a mixture of pork and beef formed into a burger. The problem is the whole chicken sammich angle...which is a grey area larger than the one on Google Maps in southern Nevada (oops, I said too much, I hear the choppers).
There's nothing to see in Nevada. Keep moving.
22.5" Weber One Touch Platinum
Genesis 3 Gasser
Bradley
Bisquette Pooper
Bullpen BBQ Team
Cast Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I wonder how many different Dairy Queen logo's I am going to be looking for?
I imagine there will be many deserving, but I suspect you'll only dish out one.

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I imagine there will be many deserving, but I suspect you'll only dish out one.
Or maybe I'll just put up a poll about which one's get it!

Duh.
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
Wampus

BURGERS!

Wow.....endless possibilities!

......pink slime sammies!

"The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from underneath me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall.'"
-Abraham Lincoln
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
Gore
Phizzy

Wooo Hooo, first entry! I know if you're like me, you find the bun the weakest link in the entire hamburger thing. Basically, it is just something to hold the meat with, an edible plate, so to speak. That is why I really enjoy the sandwich "thins." The bread is kept to a bare minimum. Recently, my wonderful wife found these and knew they were made just for me! Mini-thins, what could be better?

Of course I had to give them a try! I had to modify the shape of my burger just slightly to fit on the bun, but it wasn't too difficult. I actually began with a pound of ground pork goodness (pork is ok, right? ) and smoked it for near 2 hours. Here is your basic one-pound cheeseburger (sharp cheddar) with lettuce and tomato slices. Pure basic goodness:

Oh Joy!

Unread 04-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
bluetang

Atkins would be proud!

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote