The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 04-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Stainless steel Gravity Feed Wood Pellet Smoker & Grill

woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Interesting. Could you post larger pictures?

I must say, at first glance, the legs look flimsy and unstable. Is this just a proof of concept model?

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Welcome woodpelletsmoker! You should introduce yourself in the Cattle Call forum. Nice looking grill. Did you make it?
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

the legs are removable just for easy shipping.
Legs are cut stainless steel pipe. You can simply insert to holes inside the grill.
As the grill is 80 bls, as long as you set the 4 legs on ground, the grill is quite stable.
We are doing customer tailored. We can do any leg as you want.
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

for large picture please visit www.allchinas.com Click thumb nail, you will get big pictures
Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default I am the inventor of Gravity Feed Burner f Wood Pellet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
Welcome woodpelletsmoker! You should introduce yourself in the Cattle Call forum. Nice looking grill. Did you make it?
I use this burner to develop grill, smoker, oven, stove, boiler.
There are already many gravity feed cabinet smokers. But they can not burn wood pellet.
Traditionally wood pellet burner has auger, blower and chips to match air/pellet.
Sounds good, works not so good. Reasons:1.machine is not clever enough to match air/fuel. Real case must be more air than needed. Otherwise pellet will pile up and burning pot will be blocked by pellet. 2.auger tends to be jammed.must use high quality pellet. 3. auger can not deliver charcoal, coal, nothing to say wood chunks,logs. 4.There is opening on fuel bin for axle of auger, fire may burn back to fuel bin. 5.must have 110V electricity. not good for outdoor or emergency. 6.complex is bad. simple is better.

In my gravity feed burner, construction is extremely simple. 1.More air, big fire,less air, small fire. 2.if any bridge blocking, it will be burnt down. 3.can burn pellet, coal, charcoal, wood chunk, even wood logs. 4.There is only one opening on fuel bin, the cover. and the cover is water sealed. 5.a 12V DC 10 W blower will work perfectly. This blower is smaller than an electrical bulb. A car battery can power it a week 6.Simplicity is better, complex is bad.
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default I need distributor or reference customer, 50% discount!

If you are individual, and if you post your comments here, discount is 25% for you.
If you are a BBQ team, and if you post your comments here, discount is 50% for you.
Unread 05-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
rlncookinbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Question

You are so full of prunes about pellet feed smokers , i am a dealer in a pellet smoker and have never experienced any issues you talk about, this is very misleading to a prospecting buyer of any pellet feed smoker.
You need to tell us about the ones that you have owned or used. This is very unacceptible coming from a person that doesnt know enough about the products they are competing against.

Just sayin RLN
rlncookinbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default I know many wood pellet pits are indeed made in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlncookinbbq View Post
You are so full of prunes about pellet feed smokers , i am a dealer in a pellet smoker and have never experienced any issues you talk about, this is very misleading to a prospecting buyer of any pellet feed smoker.
You need to tell us about the ones that you have owned or used. This is very unacceptible coming from a person that doesnt know enough about the products they are competing against.

Just sayin RLN
Even though many wood pellet pits are indeed made in China, Even thought I can buy a very famous and very popular brand model under US$200 in China, I do not buy it, and I do not use it, and I do not study it.

I learn all from Internet. Many people talked with, discussed with and taught me about wood pellet pits. But you are a master than me. Please point out more specifically which point I am wrong. If basic concept of my design was wrong, I must quit immediately to avoid harming any BBQ fun.
Thanks from:--->
Unread 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Sorry, pellet smoker may be even worse.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlncookinbbq View Post

Just sayin RLN
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following is an email I received today from an UK people, who is developing smoker too. He built two pieces of smoker according to my design.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lots of progress.
I have built 2 of your units, I have investigated, taken apart, used and spoken to the owners of virtually every pellet burner/vertical feed burner machine currently available.

My Conclusion is that none of them work!! They all have feed and smoke control problems!!

You are all building cars that run on coal dust! they are all great pieces of machinery, but you cant get the fuel for them!

Every single one would benefit from a small regularised pure charcoal pellet/ball.

If you can find a manufacturer that would make this for you, you make your machine and any other run under whatever circumstances you decide, just by putting in different ratios of charcoal too wood (as pellets) and by using a 20mm charcoal balls to run vertical machines.
Perfect heat/smoke control with no jamming problems, and the option to tailor your own fuel mix?
This would revolutionise the BBQ pellet market.
You said you had contacts within the pellet/charcoal manufacturing industry?
I have a waiting market, and would be prepared to take this too the states immidiately.

Interested?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY COMMENTS:
1.My design can burn charcoal as long as you break it down to size under 30mm. I smoked many times for myself. It works greatly.
2. a size of 20 mm BALL shape charcoal will be a great help. Here in China we can supply BALL shape charcoal worldwide, NO extra cost than common charcoal.
3.Auger-feed pellet smoker can not burn ball shape charcoal. Charcoal is brittle and auger can simply smash it and get jammed. On the other hand " They all have feed and smoke control problems".
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #11
WaywardSon
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Your smoker may be the next big thing...and I agree with you on one point, simple is good. However if you are going to publicly trash competing products you would be well served by learning something about them. I didn't learn everything I know about BBQ on the internet. I have however cooked on an FEC 100 for a couple of years in running a concession trailer and BBQ catering business, and have never encountered any of the "problems" you allude to. No problems with pellet feed or smoke control...just fire it up and it does it's job. Well.

Also, you can run the FEC 100 without being plugged in to household current. It is easy to light without power and can be run off of a car battery/inverter for quite a while as it only draws about 400W while running.

All that said, I am always interested in different styles of smokers. Tell us more. Pictures are good:-)
WaywardSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #12
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default An UK metal craftman is developing smoker and he bought my patent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardSon View Post
Your smoker may be the next big thing...and I agree with you on one point, simple is good. However if you are going to publicly trash competing products you would be well served by learning something about them. I didn't learn everything I know about BBQ on the internet. I have however cooked on an FEC 100 for a couple of years in running a concession trailer and BBQ catering business, and have never encountered any of the "problems" you allude to. No problems with pellet feed or smoke control...just fire it up and it does it's job. Well.

Also, you can run the FEC 100 without being plugged in to household current. It is easy to light without power and can be run off of a car battery/inverter for quite a while as it only draws about 400W while running.

All that said, I am always interested in different styles of smokers. Tell us more. Pictures are good:-)
Most information is also from this UK people.
He does extensive study of pellet smoker and market investigation.
He says all pellet smokers have the same problem, i.e. over smoking.

Now I understand that he is right and wrong.

He or most UK people simply does not like taste of heavy smoking.
So he think all pellet smokers are over smoked.
Personally I agree with him. I download many pictures from Internet.
I can find heavy black layer on the surface of meat.
I also over smoked some beef to compare it with Internet pictures.
Also there are topics about soot inside smoker on thesmokering.com
Soot can drop to water pan, it also can drop on your food.
Soot is condense of smoke. If there is soot inside smoker, your food must be over smoked.

200 years ago, average life span is 26 years. If one died in his 30's, he must be thought as old man. Now if one dies in his 50's, we all think it is pity.

Sometimes we may need to think a little more, we accept something, do we like it, or do we have to accept it, or do we taught to accept it, or do we simply follow the trend.

The auger feed pellet smoker works this way, to supply pellet and fresh air for one minute, then stop 3 minutes, then repeat the cycle. What is happening during the stopped 3 minutes. During the stopped 3 minutes, there must be pellet inside burning pot, you can not burn it out otherwise the fire will die. be sure the last seconds fed pellet will not burn out.
During the stopped 3 minutes, there is no fresh air blown in, but still there is some oxygen left inside the smoker, there must be insufficient burning, in turn
there must be smoke. Can any one control the smoke. Can any one control smoking strength of your food.

Personally I agree with UK guy. You can mix wood pellet with charcoal. You can control smoke by different rate of pellet and charcoal.

But can auger work with charcoal pellet. I guess charcoal pellet will be too brittle for auger.

Also pellet smoker manufacturer claims temperature fluctuation under 3 F.
But UK guy says that he finds temperature fluctuation about 20 - 30 C.

You may have a typing error, power of pellet smoker must be 40 w, not 400 w. When you talk inverter, it is more as household current than battery.
You can also use a diesel generator.

My smoker needs power of 10w maximum, usually 5 w. You can use a 12 V DC battery directly. Unfortunately my thermostat temperature controller needs electricity.
My smoker can also work WITHOUT electricity, but you have to regulate temperature manually.
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
JimmyDAL
Full Fledged Farker

Why don't you send one to me as a Demo and I can give a personal feed back seeing how I already own 2 gravity feed smokers. I'll do it no charge of coarse.
JimmyDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Thanks but I have sold a few to American and Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDAL View Post
Why don't you send one to me as a Demo and I can give a personal feed back seeing how I already own 2 gravity feed smokers. I'll do it no charge of coarse.
Shipping cost to American is too high for bigger smoker/grill.
I am design special models for American market.
I will send a few pieces of plate and grill, customers need to assemble by them self.
Unread 06-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #15
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I wonder how it would work on my keg grill.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote