The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #91
Ross in Ventura
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

http://grillingandsmoking.blogspot.com/

Ross

Unread 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #92
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Intervention

If you or anyone you know is suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Barbecue Disorder, there is help for your friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06IDPZAPP8
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #93
bigabyte

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

Excellent! Looking forward to discovering more on the blog!
3rd Degree Crockpot Ninja
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Get your MOINK Certification today!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club member
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #94
rifraf
On the road to being a farker

yep I'm guilty of it lol!! Not going to an intervention tho.

Unread 03-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #95
HookedOnQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Great job on the vid!! I will deff be checking out ur blog and look forward to learning a thing or two about the history of va bbq

Unread 03-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #96
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

You took 10 minutes out of my obsessing.

Saddles BBQ Bistro

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #97
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Default Re: Intervention

So cooking baby seals is bad???

Oh dang.....I gotta get my story straight now.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #98
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
If you or anyone you know is suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Barbecue Disorder, there is help for your friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O06IDPZAPP8
In reviewing this, the Mod Team decided it is essentially about a blog, so it's been moved to this thread. Thanks.

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #99
Boshizzle

Seriously? Thanks for clarifying the rules. I will make sure to observe them all the way to the end from now on.
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #100
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Didn't know there was a blog thread ....anyway here is mine.....be gentle please.
http://www.misspiggysbbq.co.uk/

Unread 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #101
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Smoke on!

Typo in name but it makes it easier to search for if you know that.

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #102
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
Seriously? Thanks for clarifying the rules. I will make sure to observe them all the way to the end from now on.

Allow me to clarify a bit further. First off, Bo, 3 Mods and Phil viewed your video. We agreed that it came down to being a Promotional Video for your Blog. The title of the thread did not lead us to think otherwise. Plus, the members that responded to your thread, also stated that they'd then visit your blog, so they got that same impression. Dare I say you refer to your Blog at least 13 times within the video. There is no cooking going on, and there is no specific reference to the Brethren in any way. When you say "check out my blog," "on my blog," or list the link to your blog, then it's about your blog but done within the lines of a video. Originally, it would have been deleted via this rule:
Bloggers:
  • A link to your blog is ok in your signature.
  • Posting requests to "Read My Blog", "Check out my Blog" "Go to my Blog", etc....is considered a gratuitous link/for the sake of promotion and will be removed.
  • If your blog contains something interesting, post a copy or preview in our forum and let the members decide if they want to link back to read it.
Phil is always making changes and updates to the rules as new circumstances arise. He's had to make changes to account for things like blogs, Facebook, etc.
He allows you to put a link to your blog, etc BUT the rules state a return link is placed on your blog, etc back to The Brethren. Let's face it, your blog, etc benefits WAY more from the traffic generated from here and on any other forums, or places where you are linking from. So we allow the exposure but we also ask that the exposure in not only taken advantage of but also not forced on the rest of the membership with the "constant, gratuitous requests" to "go to my blog." Same reason Phil limits the amount of threads asking for money, donations, etc. Not that they aren't allowed, but he approves this kind of stuff first so that they don't get out of hand. All of this is covered in our rules.
He allows this for the member that pays for a subscription and the one that doesn't. We have discussed this before, purchasing a script does not get a member preferential treatment no matter how long they have been a member. It just doesn't.
So, to answer your question, yes, seriously. I'll take that by the last statement and the , that you weren't happy with our decision. Well, let's face it, people usually aren't happy when they are moderated. I hope that I have cleared this up for you and for anyone else. We also ask that members observe the rules from now until the end at all times. That is nothing new either.
This Blog thread is where we keep anything and everything Blog related, at least for now. That is why we placed it here vs. deleting it. If we had put it in WP, then all of these other Blogs should go there too. They get more exposure here, that's for sure. Hopefully you can see the dilemma that we are placed in at times. Hope this clarifies it.

Mods
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #103
BobBrisket

Bump.

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 03-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #104
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Is there any chance, one of the mods would take it upon themselves to update the list in the OP? Would be much easier than having to peruse the whole thread to find the blog links. I'm really happy this thread has gotten the participation that it has, lot's to look at.

It looks like we left off on post #69.

[COLOR=Yellow]
[/COLOR]
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #105
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

I opened a blog up not too long ago. Just a few posts thus far. Still trying to get the hang of it.

http://smoothsmoke.blogspot.com/

A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Blog, bloggers