The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default How to find a sponsor step #1

In the process of trying to find a team to "sponsor" I am wondering what teams are thinking when they post "I need a Sponsor" and then you can't find them on the internet.

Here is the Grossepellets method of gaining interest from a sponsor - step #1

BE VISIBLE -IF you are going to sign up for say KCBS as a member can you also post a link, a name, a contact link, a state in which you reside -a zip code, a possible way to be contacted maybe a website or a friends website. You may also want to post your email address or maybe a friends email or phone number.

If a sponsor reads "I want to be sponsored" and then spends a few clicks trying to track you down thru search engines and the like but finds nothing chances are pretty good you wont have a sponsor no matter how well you cook!

If your team burns wood in anyway in competition please feel free to drop me a PM. We are seeking teams who would like to be sponsored that also can make themselves visible, can carry a conversation, and if at all possible a team that can have fun. Thanks

Unread 03-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

Mojobricks for cooking?

Yoder 640
Yoder 1320
UDS (Snail barrel)
FEC-100 X2
Traeger 124 (older american made model)

KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Pm sent

Unread 03-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Your post is a bit confusing....but I like sponsors and I think I'm easy to find. Feel free to PM me if you want to.

Extreme BBQ Trailer, Backwoods Competitor, Backwoods Party, WSM, Traegar 124, Yoder YS640
Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, Grizzly Coolers, The Ingredients Store (FAB), Yoder Smokers, Big Poppa Smokers (Elite Team), BBQ Bob’s Hav’n a BBQ and Galvinells Meats
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
msavard
Full Fledged Farker

PM Sent
Weber Smoky Mountain
Team Competition Smoker: Lang 84" Deluxe w/ Chargriller

FacebookTwitter
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

i must not be good enough for ya huh Fred lol

Unread 03-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
beam boys bbq
is one Smokin' Farker

wow what an neat product
beam boys bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

My post above is a joke... Fred (Mojorbricks) and I are going into season #2 as a primary sponsor of my team. the bricks are great, I wish i had a stick burner to use them to their full potential, (theres a thought Fred... a Jambo powered by Mojobricks, sounds like a good deal for me!) last year in comps i was getting anywhere from 6-10 hours on a mojobrick and a half chimney of charcoal.

Unread 03-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #9
beam boys bbq
is one Smokin' Farker

i run an spicewine doing an pre season run this weekend I would love to try this
beam boys bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
bbq ron
is one Smokin' Farker

pm sent
gosm
bbq ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

PM sent.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #12
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

Hello All I posted this because I spent time looking for teams to sponsor and found it very hard to track down the couple I latched onto. This morning we have about a dozen PM's.

Big JT has been a big help for us understanding the product. Jack up BBQ has also been a big help. We have had it in use in BBQ for a little more then 2 years. Without the help of these first two sponsored teams we would not have had the product we now have.

IF you PM me please include your name, ph #, email, and location of your team.
visit mojobricks online for additional info

We are a new unique product - unlike anything on the market. Big JT took a chance on it! You should have seen the look on his face when we first met up! Apparently it was a good idea at the time!

Unread 03-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

HOW TO FIND A SPONSOR # 2 As my tennis coach once yelled at me and said; "Fred you think to much!" What he was really saying was do not ASSUME
Later in life you learn that by making assumptions you make an Ass of U n Me.

Saying things like "do you really cook over that?" or using language like you know more about their product then they do may not get you the job! Insulting the sponsor is probably not going to win you friends or influence them the way you had hoped.

I should Know, I insulted Paul Konrad of WGN TV yesterday. Told him he looked better with hair! Maybe I should have asked him if he lost weight!
Try doing this put yourself in their shoes-
TURN THE TABLES - Pick a sponsor and become them -you are the sponsor - Ask yourself - whats in it for me? and before you send out your inquiry make a list of ten things you would want from a team you sponsor and then send your inquiry.

Last edited by grossepellets; 03-22-2011 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: wife sez I sound cocky
grossepellets is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

Step # hey this thing is working out pretty well! We have heard from a bunch of great people and I am tickled pink to think so many people want to burn Mojobricks! Hopefully some will even use them in their smokers!
We will take inquiries up until 3/26. If you get in late try to turn our first set of questions around asap. Thanks!