oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
WSM2
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Question Looking for a Propane Grill for an "Open-air" Trailer

Guys,

I am looking for some serious quality made grills that I can mount on to my trailer and need your recommendations on a few brands. My requirements are:
  • I want the simplicity of a Santa Maria style grill.
  • Needs to be at least 48" long x 24" wide+. A good and simple rectangualr shape to caramelize ribs or cook chicken on.
  • Not an astronomical price. Would like to stay under $1200.00
  • Propane preferrably, but will consider charcoal.
I was looking at Meadow Creek's but the steel didn't seem as if it was very thick. I am looking for that Stump smoker style quality.

Any thoughts?
WSM2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Hank Daddy's Barbecue
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm looking for exactly the same thing. I've used a grill I got at Sam's for $400, eight burner, simple design but not commercial grade...lasted less than 5 months.

Meadow Creek was the best I could find, but I'll wait to see if anything else comes up here.

Thanks for starting the thread
Hank Daddy's Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
rwoodling
Got Wood.

might have to pay a little more. I got a 250 gallon propane tank for sale if you know a welder:) you would stay under 1200.00 for sure if you go that route.