The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
NCsmoker
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Webber 26.75

Went to Lowes this morning to get some Stubbs and then stopped by Harth & Patio to look around some. Saw for the first time in person the 26.75 sitting next to the 22.5 dang that thing is massave. Selling for $299.00 with 2 charcoal baskets and a cover. I love webber so much I might just have to sneek one of these into the back yard. If I don't post for a while the little lady caught me.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
JazzCat
Full Fledged Farker

Honestly, the first time you cook on the 26" kettle, you will be sooo amazed with it you may NEVER use your 22" Weber again!
I have an old 26" kettle with the three daisy vents and SERIOUSLY, i'm having problems firin' up my other smaller grills NO MATTER what i cook.

You'll LOVE the extra grill space. It's AWESOME when you need to grill indirect.
And the price isn't too bad for the new ones.
JazzCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Ya know, as much as I'd like to spring the trigger on one, I think for grilling at least, that it's better to go with a couple of dualing 22" kettles.

I've got one set up with the side work table (which is plenty big enough to manuver and assist both kettles) and a slide-aside, and I need to get another one for the other. Weber has 'em for $20 on their site right now.

Anyway, I can light a chimney in each, and get nice 3/4 grates worth of coals. This way, I can be checking/turning meat in one while the other is cooking with the lid on....two different things at different temps is easy, ie. one hot for fish or steaks and the other med. for chicken.

While I got my OTS new for $80, I got my OTG off craigslist for $50, so even with accessories and covers, I still haven't invested $300 in 'em. Also, the legs on the big OTG aren't any heavier than on the smaller kettles, so that's a big negative in my book.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzCat View Post
Honestly, the first time you cook on the 26" kettle, you will be sooo amazed with it you may NEVER use your 22" Weber again!
I have an old 26" kettle with the three daisy vents and SERIOUSLY, i'm having problems firin' up my other smaller grills NO MATTER what i cook.

You'll LOVE the extra grill space. It's AWESOME when you need to grill indirect.
And the price isn't too bad for the new ones.
Jim, I hear ya. I guess if we're talking about just grilling direct, maybe my two 22" set-up is just as good or better, but I know you cook EVERYTHING at once with sides on the grill, so I take what you say as the gospel truth. You da man, and you oughta go ahead with some pics!

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
JazzCat
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
...the legs on the big OTG aren't any heavier than on the smaller kettles...
having the same legs on the 26" kettle is no issue.
There are ways to "shore-up" legs that become wobbly or loose.
JazzCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
NRA4Life
is One Chatty Farker

I've got the 26.75" as well as a 22.5" OTS. Doug, go with the 26.75 and never look back. Since I got it, I don't think I've even used the smaller grill. Grill capacity is insane, and there is nothing that I don't love about this grill, or would improve, including the "leg heaviness". This grill is perfectly engineered and in my book nothing better. Get one, accept your punishment, and enjoy!

Superior SS-3 - Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
Custom Built Reverse Flow Stickburner
Weber 22.5" WSM
Weber 26.75" OTG
Weber Blue 2000 Stainless Performer
Weber Red 1998 Stainless Performer
NRA4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Baby Back Maniac
is one Smokin' Farker

I was worried about the "leg issue" too until I got my 26.75. Then I realized that even though the legs are light, they are plenty strong. It just doesn't seem that way because they are light.

I still wish they'd make a Perfomer for the 26.75 and get the best of both worlds.
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote