Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
On the road to being a farker
Default Smokin Wood - STL Metro Area

FYI - if you need to get wood for the comp season.

I saw a sign in O'fallon IL, yesterday for "Smokn Cookn Wood"
I jotted down the number and gave the guy a call.
As he explained where he lived, I started laughing because it turns out he only live about a half mile past my house....I just never go that way.

Anyway he has Hickory, Pecan, Mulberry, Cherry, Apple (And possibly Others, I know he had some Sassafras also)
He has chunks and logs.

For the chunks he fills a plastic grocery bag to the brim where you can barely get the handles together for $9...he does weigh it just so you know what you are getting, I got two bags of chunks for $18. One bag weighed 12lbs and the other weighed 15lbs

He gave me some cards and I asked him if he minded if I post his contact info on this forum. He was ok with that so....
His name is Ron Berkbuegler
Cell 618-334-5660

If you're not in the area but interested, I plan on being in Washington MO April 15th to kick off the comp season.
I'd be more than happy to hook anyone up that is interested.
ammoore is offline   Reply With Quote