Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Knows what a fatty is.
Default Kosmos injection?

What is the shelf live after opening the bag, I had it in a plastic container with a lid. It has been a few month and wow did it smell bad. I have a food saver and should have placed it in there I guess. Just wanted to know how long it will last. I am new to the injections.

I tried to contact them but had no answer, not any big deal just a question, thanks guys. Pat
ganso is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Babbling Farker

Did u smell it when you bought it. Because in my book none of there stuff smells great (I don't mean that in a bad way let me explain) right from the get go but it does a great job and smells fantastic when cooked with. To me the smell does not reflect what the final product tastes like. As for shelf life you'll have to contact them. I love the stuff.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm sure he will respond here with your answer. Bad odor is subject to different opinions. Spoiled is still spoiled. You would be able to tell the difference if it was bad. Most of these items have a good shelf life if proper procedures are followed. Like rotation of product from the supplier,supplier using fresh product, proper handling after being opened, proper storage, storage in a proper container. The list can go on and on. But most likely your product would be just fine if purchased recently.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote