oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
xjcrazy
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Pineapple on the Weber?

Going to try grilling a whole pineapple on the grill tomorrow. My thoughts are to peel the skin off, sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar and let it marinate overnight. Or I have some 5 spice powder to rub it down with. Any of you guys and ladies have any other suggestions?
xjcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Odin the Dog
Full Fledged Farker

I've never grilled a whole one before. Usually just wedges on a skewer. Your spice mix sounds good. Try all three together.
Odin the Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Are you grilling or rotissing it? It sounds like a plan, I would make a baste with your ingredients so they caramelize.

I will say that Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head will wake it up!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #4
ShutYrMouth
Full Fledged Farker

just search on here.
ive seen some awesome pineapple pics somewhere.
WSM 22.5'
Weber Kettle
ShutYrMouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
wickedbbq'r
Full Fledged Farker

A little rum doesn't hurt either.
Viking SS Gravity-Fed Smoker
1-22" & 1-18" WSM
1-22" Weber Performer
Splash-Proof Super-Fast [COLOR=darkorange]Orange[/COLOR] Thermapen
wickedbbq'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
CarbonToe
is One Chatty Farker

I always slice and the brush with a little home made chilli oil or bourbon or rum or muscavado sugar and then grill being careful the sugar doesnt catch.

I've never tried to cook a whle pineapple.

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker
Weber One-Touch Platinum Kettle - 57cm
Weber Smokey Joe Silver

GamerTag: CarbonToe

Film Noir. Back when men were men and broads were dames.
CarbonToe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #7
2ndchance
On the road to being a farker

I have made Hot Pineapple Sundaes for deserts in the past. I just brush my glaze on the fresh Pineapple rings and grill using high heat. I also will put some cherries on a bamboo skewer and warm them up at the same time. After the Pineapple is done put it in a bowl with some French Vanilla ice cream, put a couple of warm cherries on top, and grate some dark chocolate over the top. YUMM

Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
ssbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

One thing we do is lots of is pineapples. What is our favorite is to skin, and halve,either longways or halfway up. Longways makes it easier to core, should it not be tender. First look for the most ripe ones possible. Smoke around 250 after drizzling with honey and turbinado sugar. No need to soak overnight. Check around two hours and see if color and tenderness is what you want. If using a very ripe one the core will be tender enough to eat without knowing it was the core. Then pull and cube, put in pan with more honey , sugar and we like dark rum to raise the fluid level to near 1/4" and return to smoker or heat source. Continue until liquid is absorbed, another fifteen minutes, half hour or so. We leave the chunks large because one bite and you'll want more. Dizzy Pig has a good rub for pineapples, but have found applying it last, before serving is best. It seals the fruit up so no smoke hits it if applied at first. Anyone that has seen me cook in contests will see my pineapples dripping on my ribs and pork products. Love the taste plus great eats when all done. We have other recipes, but this is most requested. Enjoy. Steve.
ssbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote